'stitch Darien Pants/jacket--like It?

Guest Nemo

Do any of you wear Aerostitch Darien pants or jackets? Do you like 'em? I'm looking at a used pair this week, wondering what your experiences have been. I'm intending to use them for distance touring, not so much for commuting.

I like mine.

The jacket vents very well. Really moves a lot of air on the hot days. The pants are comfortable yet no real ventilation. Very easy to put on and take off.

I haven't crash tested them, but have heard testimonials from others who have walked away unscathed after a long slide in them.

You can't go wrong.

:thumbsup:

Went up and down the left coast last fall with Darien jacket and AD1 (basically Darien as well) pants. Went through a bit of rain here and there yet remained comfortably dry. Easy on/off with the pants is a bonus. Common complaint that I can't argue with is the chafing of the jacket collar around your neck. Turtleneck or some type of scarf/neck skirt will take care of that though. Haven't been riding too long but I can't say that I've come across a better textile jacket and pants. If your not in a hurry just watch Ebay for your size/color to come along.

Archived