Electronic Tracking Theft Prevention

afennell

I was surfing the internet this morning and came across the Lojack website. Lojack makes and sells electronic tracking devices that are used to recover stolen vehicles and equipment. It crossed my mind that I could get one for my VFR. It seems to be marketed under the name Boomerang in Canada, but Boomerang is owned by Lojack so it must be the same system. Has anybody had experience with this equipment?

• Member Contributer

Lojack is often sold at high end auto dealerships, BMW, mercedes, porsche so maybe wanna visit there to get some info. I worked at a BMW dealership and never sold one as in Indpls (maybe lower theft) however they really sold in Chicago at the BMW dealerships. There is a very cool story where a theft ring steals all these high end sports cars and one has a Lojack gps installed, they follow this cargo ship across the ocean to Rotterdam, netherlands/holland and police are waiting for ship, huge bust, cargo containers all loaded with very fancy stolen sports cars from the us, it does work but not sure on a bike, many options using gps technology, I say, load a detonation device onboard and trigger remotely when the thief is riding your VFR , this would be best

Archived