HJC Screen Problem

Guest rushhour

Guest rushhour

I've had an HJC helmet for a little over a year now. I have 2 face screens (clear and tinted). This morning I took the clear out to put the tinted in and it won't go in for the life of me. Now neither of the screens will go in. Is HJC such a piece of $sdfljt that after swaping visors not more than 5 times in a year that the mechanism wears out and doesn't work? Or is it someone telling me that I shouldn't have gone riding today?

By the way the model is a cl14.

• Member Contributer

I only swapped mine out a couple of times so I can't comment on the quality of the mechanism other than it feels cheap even when you lift the visor.

Now my Arai Profile on the other hand, I swap visors all the time with no problems and it only takes 15 seconds. Much better.

• Member Contributer

I only replaced the screen on my HJC AC-11 once when it started getting scuffed and I don't remember any problems, but that has been a while. I recently bought two screens for my new AC-12 carbon and have swithed them out several times with no problems. This being said, I don't know if either use the same mechanism as yours or not. Good luck.

The visor on my brand new CL 15 had SERIOUS ripples and waves and distortion in it....directly looking to the front! I called HJC and asked if I could send it back to them directly for replacement. The guy said "Do you wear grasses or contlac renses......" At that point I instantly tore into his ASS, pointing out that I have 20/15 vision, and that my Shoei and my Arai and my other HJC doesn't have two wavy spots right in front of my eyes that are totally plain as day when you hold the visor at arms length and everything looks like it's in a fun-house mirror, ya bastid!

He said "Send it me". Just did yesterday...hope the new one isn't tricked out like the first one....made me seasick looking thru that damn thing!! :huh:

• Member Contributer
The visor on my brand new CL 15 had SERIOUS ripples and waves and distortion in it....directly looking to the front!  I called HJC and asked if I could send it back to them directly for replacement.  The guy said "Do you wear grasses or contlac renses......"  At that point I instantly tore into his ASS, pointing out that I have 20/15 vision, and that my Shoei and my Arai and my other HJC doesn't have two wavy spots right in front of my eyes that are totally plain as day when you hold the visor at arms length and everything looks like it's in a fun-house mirror, ya bastid!

He said "Send it me".  Just did yesterday...hope the new one isn't tricked out like the first one....made me seasick looking thru that damn thing!!  :huh:

Personally I dont think the overall quality of HJC is that great but they are an inexpensive helmet that gets riders into a DOT and SNELL rating. I noticed a huge difference in optical quality when I went to Arai.

Personally I dont think the overall quality of HJC is that great but they are an inexpensive helmet that gets riders into a DOT and SNELL rating. I noticed a huge difference in optical quality when I went to Arai.

:huh: I've bought several of them for beeeoch helmets.....I use the Shoei or the Arai.

I have a CL-14, and I swap visors every day (i dont like wearing sunglasses underneath). When you pull the little grey tabs forward to eject the visor, sometimes they dont retract all the way after you remove it, and that will keep the visor from going on. Sometimes you have to push them back yourself, the spring is weak. It also took me a little practice to be able to do it quickly, but visors can be swapped in 10 seconds.

Guest Rene G
I have a CL-14, and I swap visors every day (i dont like wearing sunglasses underneath). When you pull the little grey tabs forward to eject the visor, sometimes they dont retract all the way after you remove it, and that will keep the visor from going on. Sometimes you have to push them back yourself, the spring is weak. It also took me a little practice to be able to do it quickly, but visors can be swapped in 10 seconds.

+1.gif yup, me too

Archived