radar detector 12vhot wire

Guest da9b20

Guest da9b20

Radar detector hot wire sources? can anyone be specific as to the wire that they tapped? i know i want it to be infront of the tank cuz thats where the detector will be. and i know i need a 12v source. i dont want to strip a bunch of wires if i dont have to. i dont want to run a new fuse box.

nice. the thing is i just got the hot wire made for my radar detector. it has a wire tap fitting. i want that when i get more electronics on my bike.

i am trying to save for a good driving jacket. sweatshirts and shirts dont make me feel safe yet. i am new to the bike thing.

• Member Contributer
Radar detector hot wire sources?  can anyone be specific as to the wire that they tapped?  i know i want it to be infront of the tank cuz thats where the detector will be.  and i know i need a 12v source.  i dont want to strip a bunch of wires if i dont have to.  i dont want to run a new fuse box.

Get yourself a couple of barrier strips from rat shack. Get a 12V relay.

Run wires from the battery to a barrier strip mounted under the seat wherever it is convenient. Switch this with the relay. Power the relay from the tail light wire..

Now you can run switched power from the barrier strip to wherever you need it. A good place is to the side of the steering head.

Mount stuff with double sided tape.

It is easier than it sounds.

Archived