MOTOPAK Tankbag

Jon28

I purchased the Motopak 35L magnetic tankbag. I have used it on two trips and love it. The bag is very, very versatile. The base unzips and has a map pocket. The second teir unzips from the top and also has a map pocket with three additional compartments on the sides. I found those very handy for small items such as the cell phone, pager, chapstick, sunglasses etc etc. The top tier also has a map pocket. It has reflective piping throughout and appears very well made.

The two tiers also have backpack straps and you can zip the third teir to the base or the second as they are all interchangeable. It also includes a rain cover and bungee straps. To say the least, I highly recommend this system to anyone. The magnets are very strong and stable at 110mph (two tiers).

I hope this will make someone's purchase easier than mine with some many different options out there. I won my on ebay for $35 and you can't beat that. I would have paid up to $100 for this setup. Look under USA South Daytona for a pic of the tankbag on my bike. Enjoy!

I forgot, each teir also unzips and expands even futher. I'm 6foot and with the entire bag system on and expanded, I can barely see above it!

from what i saw of it yesterday it was a good bag :thumbsup:

I'm surprised you saw the bike at all after all your buddy said: "You guys don't get out much do ya" smile.gif I wanted knock his drunk butt right off that h-d! :goofy:

• 2 months later...

I just received mine today, and I have a question about the plastic support boards.

I received three of them one was a rectangular piece about the size of a post card, a long strip, and another long strip that is wider. The instructions said to install them into the loops and pockets but I didn't notice any other than some fabric that was covering the rivets holding the carrying handle which the wider long piece wouldn't fit through. My question is where do these go?

Other than that these bags look great, I'll try to pack them up and snap some pics on the bike.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

:thumbsup:

Just got my tank bag yesterday.....awsome product...now i can go on weeknd trips and have basically more junk than i really need. also i like the fact that my back is able to be free (no more backpak) while communting to work....prevents my shirt from getting wrinkled and wet. :beer:

Motopak has some great products and very reasonably priced. Great stuff.

Also the magnets hold well.....even at triple digit speeds!! No moving around whatsoever. +1.gif

:thumbsup: 

Just got my tank bag yesterday.....awsome product...now i can go on weeknd trips and have basically more junk than i really need.  also i like the fact that my back is able to be free (no more backpak) while communting to work....prevents my shirt from getting wrinkled and wet.  :pissed:

Motopak has some great products and very reasonably priced.  Great stuff. 

Also the magnets hold well.....even at triple digit speeds!!  No moving around whatsoever.  :wheel:

I told ya! +1 on motopak!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived