Mosfet

Ch8846

Hi Guys,

I purchased a universal Mosfet kit from Jason at motoelectrix for my 06 vfr. My question is about the extra red,red/wht,grn and black wires coming out of the orginial Honda R/R.

Where do I reroute these wires to in the harness, do I just let them lay because they are Batt and Grn leads back to the battery or do they go other places ?

I just checked the 02_06 manual that I have and it only shows one red/wht wire coming from the R/R to the main harness. My bike has two, does that mean one goes to the 30 amp fuse and one to the battery?

I see that the blk goes to a blk/wht for the ign switch.

• Member Contributer

Likely motoelectrix offers the same sort of kit as does roadstercycle.com. Using the supplied 30 amp fuse provides a bypass to the existing bike's 30 amp fuse & wiring. Likewise the ground wire will run directly to the battery. I suggest you tape off the unused wires so they don't create an inadvertent short.  

The two wires in the existing harness both go back thru the 30 amp fuse.

Have fun!

Got it, the 2 red/wht and the blk/wht are commoned, good thing I decided to do this because while looking at my 30 amp fuse at the battery I found

it starting to turn brown in the connector and showing overheated wiring  going into the battery cable.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Ch8846 said:

Got it, the 2 red/wht and the blk/wht are commoned, good thing I decided to do this because while looking at my 30 amp fuse at the battery I found

it starting to turn brown in the connector and showing overheated wiring  going into the battery cable.

Unfortunately the over heated wiring for the original 30 amp fuse will still need to be fixed. The new 30 amp circuit does not replace the full function of the original. Your toasty wiring and deteriorated fuse holder aren't a good solution going forward. 

I had no intention of leaving it go, I found that the previous owner had run something else off of the same connection and then removed it for some reason, I guess it kept

blowing fuses./ I wired the red/wht and the blk/wht into the batt lead coming off the R/R. The factory wiring shows those wires going to the Ign switch and the eng stop switch and the bank angle sensor before

going to the battery.

Archived