Rear Fender Removal

Guest wahu

Hi guys,new member here from Queensland Australia i was out in the shed this morning tinkering about and decided to remove the rear fender.

After reading a previous posts, the removal was piece a cake to accomplish.

I never really liked the look of the oem fender to start with and after removal, loosely tighted and sat everything back in place to see waht it looked like, wasnt to happy with the gap between the pipes as i could see the metal bracket sitting there not doing much at all.

After a few mins came up with the idea of mounting the rego sticker above the plate to cover the bracket and the empty space.

As ii was putting away the plastic fender i decided to tack of the red reflector and mount to bottom of rego plate.

I've attached 3 pics of the mod, the original post-20127-078818700 1277011365_thumb.jp

Loosely bolted back together post-20127-008081000 1277011460_thumb.jp

and finally what i was happy with. post-20127-043136300 1277011518_thumb.jp

Edited by wahu

• Member Contributer

Welcome Wahu - i like what you've done with the fender/rego-tag.

I've never liked those tags (plastic rego holders) and so spent some time/money making it all look a bit neater on my 5th gen.

med_gallery_19264_5124_205389.jpg

I'm told the 'scroll' rego holders will get me a fine if i'm caught - but for the life of me I can't work-out why they would be a problem - you can see all of the information on the sticker - just have to spin the scroll around. :fing02:

Ah well - I'll worry about it when/if i get picked-up by plod next-time .... hope you're not a copper :beer:

Cheers!

lol, nah mate i'm not a copper but do know a few. i like what you've done with your bike there, looks good.

When i first bought the bike i was going to buy a rego scroll but never det around to buying one. will probably get one next time new sticker comes around.

• Member Contributer

lol, nah mate i'm not a copper but do know a few....

Can ya ask 'em whether they'd be inclined to nick a bloke with a scroll rego holder!? :fing02: