Honda's New ST - NT1100

Skids

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I rode an CRF1000 DCT on a ride day when they were released, and MUCH preferred the ageing motor in my VTR1000F Superhawk for smooth thrust. Times change I guess, and the VTR would probably not meet Euro anything, but it was a lovely, loping motor on the open road. I agree with the comments about the lack of a centrestand, I don't get that at all, unless fitting that and the necessary cat is getting too hard. I'm also suprised at the panniers which seem wide but don't hold a helmet. There's a heap of unused real-estate between the tyre and the inside of the pannier which they could/should have used. Take a look at an OLD ST1300 if you want to see how they can do it properly, full-face in both panniers, relaxed room for a pillion's legs, centrestand, cats in the exhaust.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, VFRMAN said:

I think a vtec 2nd gen crossrunner would be a better buy, I will have a test ride though.

Superb bike VFRMAN. I'm on my second. :beer:

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, RC1237V said:

^ Say it isn't so....

The accountants have finally taken over. 😔

• Member Contributer

HRC colors, Yoshi, Ohlins and subwoofer (boom!)

@ $1807 stock, they'll sell enough to keep Marc Marquez employed

That subwoofer area will fit a "nice" turbo.

Navi_HRC.thumb.jpg.dade416bab3feb57b9d8b37e18664422.jpg

• Member Contributer

This Grom and Monkey stuff is the bottom of the barrel trash coming from Honda, sad and unbelievable!

I can just imagine thousands of young unlicensed kids getting their hands on them screaming around the streets.

Honda have lost the plot! The "Street" range of bikes are ugly (only my opinion) and of course there is no Sports Touring category, nothing that resembles a classic VFR. :angry:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Grum said:

This Grom and Monkey stuff is the bottom of the barrel trash coming from Honda, sad and unbelievable!

I can just imagine thousands of young unlicensed kids getting their hands on them screaming around the streets.

Honda have lost the plot! The "Street" range of bikes are ugly (only my opinion) and of course there is no Sports Touring category, nothing that resembles a classic VFR. :angry:

Grum.

Agree with your last sentence. But, as a young unlicensed kid who got my hands on a Hodaka-powered minibike and went screaming around the streets, I have to say, this is the plot! 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Grum said:

Like this in LA??

It's been going on for years.

Warning: link is to the gram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWWtEG9sDVx

Hope you like Zeppelin.

The Grom and Monkey owners I know love them and if they sell them them it's "to get a bigger bike"

Whick is exactly what Honda want's them to do.

• Member Contributer
59 minutes ago, Tirso said:

Like this in LA??

It's been going on for years.

Warning: link is to the gram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWWtEG9sDVx

Hope you like Zeppelin.

The Grom and Monkey owners I know love them and if they sell them them it's "to get a bigger bike"

Whick is exactly what Honda want's them to do.

That says it all, street mayhem...!!!

Love Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Grum said:

I got pulled over on my Suzuki 90 at 14 y.o. riding with my friend on his Trail 70. We both got a stern talking to by the LEO about riding with no license.  The next Saturday we were at it again!! How the heck else was I supposed to learn how to ride?  Thankfully my parents never found out - LOL.  :biggrin:    It's a right of passage . . . 

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Grum said:

Hey Wald, not me, that was Tirso who said it! 

Oops, my bad! However, my comment still applies. Have a great weekend!

• Member Contributer
On 11/18/2021 at 6:14 PM, Grum said:

And a very fine replacement indeed! imo.

True but owners never asked Honda to shaft drive their VFR... so I say
replace the $4148 dollar 40 lb shaft drive with a $800 4 pound belt
drive after all a maintenance free drive system doesn't have to cost
or weight as much as it does on the 1200cc Veefalo... in fact it can
be lighter than the current VFR 12 lb chain and sprocket...

$800 / 4 pound belt drive system
gallery_3131_51_84342.jpg

$4148.00 / 40 pound shaft system...

VeefaloShaft1.JPG

VeefaloShaft2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, my son did...

On his road bicycle :laugh:

(cos he's too lazy to maintain the chain like I taught him to)

On 11/18/2021 at 2:38 PM, Grum said:

Had a Honda Trail CT70 when I was 9 and screamed around trails and dirt roads. 😁

ct70deb.jpeg

Archived