Crossrunner alternator problems

amatoregy

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows of any alternator/rectifier issues of the first generation Crossrunner, similar to the older VFR800. If so, when/how did this happen and is there anything you can do to prevent this?

Thanks in advance,

amatoregy

• Member Contributer

I think the 06-13 model VFR800 which the first gen of Crossrunner was based on had all the earlier electrical gremlins sorted. But there are plenty of more knowledgeable people on here who will be along shortly, I'm sure. 

• Member Contributer

I'd love one of those.... what regulator does the Crossrunner have, would be my first question..... then what type of connections to it...... 

• Member Contributer

Fowlers parts list for the 2011+  Crossrunner shows the part number 31600KVZ631.

1.thumb.jpg.b91a5b130518d4112e6f295bc7df05d6.jpg

The problem with the pre-'14 vtec engines is a lack of oilflow over the stator, allowing it to fry overtime. I'm not sure how the mk1 crossie is in that respect, my guess is that it still has the problem.

• Member Contributer

sounds like prime-candidate for new series-circuit regulator SH847 upgrade. These don't run stator at 100% fulltime like older shunt-circuit regulators. Stators stay much cooler and never burn up. Regulator itself stays cool as well, can touch it after ride and you won't get burn like older units.

On 2021. 10. 19. at 23:22, DannoXYZ said:

úgy hangzik, mint az első jelölt az új SH847 sorozatú áramkör-szabályozóhoz. Ezek nem 100%-ban teljes munkaidőben működtetik az állórészt, mint a régebbi sönt-áramköri szabályozók. Az állórészek sokkal hűvösebbek maradnak, és soha nem égnek le. Maga a szabályozó is hűvös marad, menet után megérintheti, és nem ég le, mint a régebbi egységek.

Where can you buy one?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived