5th gen / RC46 - ambiant temperature display

Enzo

Hi all,

I'm experiencing something weird on my 5th gen VFR (RC46D) : when I start the bike, the displayed ambiant temperature is correct but the more I ride, the more the displayed temperature goes up. Yesterday it finished at 31°C and it was 5°C outdoor.

The sensor is at its place.

Any idea ?

Thank you, ride safe.

Enzo

• Member Contributer

Hi Enzo.

Have you downloaded the Service Manual from the forum?

Pages 19-10 to 19-12 explain how to test the sensor.

You might also have a poor connection of the sensor at the LCD that it plugs into. Check the plug, make sure the connections are good.

Is everything else with the LCD working correctly? Make sure the 6 LCD mounting screws are clean and making good contact with the connections to the PCB copper tracks.

Are you sure that it is mounted correctly into the fairing as it does sit close to the right radiator!

Good luck.

Hi Grum,

Thank you for your answer.

I'll check the plug and try to disconnect and reconnect it. I'll also measure the resistance of the sensor, which should be between 4800 and 5200 Ohm @ 25°C according to the service manual.

Everything else with the LCD works correctly.

I'll keep you updated - I should receive new dashboard lightbulbs some time from now, I'll check it while the front fairing is unmounted.

Edit : some fairing clips are missing and I didn't set up the inner fairing correctly, thus the temperature sensor was warmed up by the radiator on the right side... What a fool of me !

Anyway thank you for your help and ride safe.

Enzo

Archived