Story Time! The day was going oh so well...

Ughandi

• Member Contributer

Story time! You know you're having a fun day when the F1 light comes on because the Honda engineers are so impressed with your skill with turning a throttle for four minutes straight over 100 indicated (totally talking about metric units... I swear... officer)

So after 150 miles of some intense riding, and food back in the system, I'm nearly home and decide to test my oh-so-refined "Supermoto Skillage" as I'm turning into mi casa.... so I lockup my delinked rear, wring her in to the left... kick out the rear to the right.... but oh no! I'm coming in too hot! Nothing a dab of front brake cant fi... *CRASH*

There goes my perfect evening...

So you know the whole 'tree falls in the forest' thing? Yeah. Does NOT apply to motorcycles. Can confirm.

Shoutout to EMGO for still supplying 5th gen mirrors for people like me, who want to find the limit of their bike, and their own stupidity. 😭

• Member Contributer

Love your story, hate the outcome. Well, we all (or most of us) have been there. 

I have crashed once in front of a hospital (summer during visiting hours) as I wanted to finish my ride with a great cornering speed (there was a great 270 deg turn in front of the hospital)

Thanks for sharing, it brought back some memories I can laugh about now.

Sorry for the crash and I hope you're okay.

I think the number of smart things I've done on a motorcycle outnumber the number of dumb ones, but not by much. Just know you are not alone.  😉

• Member Contributer

Ouch! Thank goodness there was no oncoming traffic in your driveway!

Crashed my Tenere, and DRZ both in 2021. Luckily each bike only had a few scratches, DRZ was hot-shoeing on knobbies, and Tenere was on knobbies in the wet. Embarrassingly enough the Tenere crash was on a VFRD ride :tour:. The crash bars are now broken in...

You will get over it, and know what not to do next time. Glad you were not seriously injured!

• Member Contributer

Only one car between me & spouse. Took the bus to work that winter. Late fall, night shift, light rain, hard right into the shopping center parking lot, lost the rear, low side on the right. Broken rt mirror, scrapes on my pants, walked into work as though nothing had happened. 

(please don't tell my wife)

Ah man, I'm joining the club tonight.

Lost traction on a gravel patch turning out of a parking spot, and before I knew it, the bike went down sliding about a good two feet on its side.

Left side fairing is all scratched up and my indicator light got dislodged... and a big bruise to my ego lol

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, squirrelman said:

horsing around on a 'cycle just isn't smart.

But it sure is fun! 😁

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, rhoderage said:

Ouch... you ok?

I have this weird scrape on my calf where the footpeg went inside the top of my boot (Alpine Stars SMX-6) to dig into me... 

But that's it really. Just a low speed fall that hurt my pride. 😭

Archived