Anyone familiar with this rear hugger?

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

So I happened upon a bike that I am breaking down for the motor and a few other bits. Most of which have been saved, taken or sold. However, one item that I am contemplating on keeping or perhaps selling, is a rear hugger. I nor the previous owner knows much about it, as it was already on the bike when he got it. The way it was mounted was kind of haphazardly IMO, as the mounts that have bolts that you can tighten down were zipped tied to the rear brake hoses along the top of the chain guard. Additionally, there are two holes on the part that would sit on top of the swing arm behind the shock, that had a bit of wire that was tied to one of the shock mounting bolts!! I believe that there are mounts or mounting adapters that are missing but without knowing the make/model, not positive I would know for sure.

Anyway, if I can find any possible missing bits (i.e. mounts) I might keep it, otherwise I would be willing to sell it and have the new owner figure out how they would mount it. Here are some pictures of the hugger, unfortunately though, I didn't take pictures of the way it was mounted, other than the one shown on the bike.

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6620.JPEG

IMG_6621.JPEG

IMG_6622.JPEG

IMG_6623.JPEG

• Member Contributer

There was a guy that used to make them on here for a while.  Maybe it is his since it has an odd mount.  I don't recall exactly what his looked like.  Rivcyko I think was his name.  He did the bug buster screens for KanadianKen.

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, tbzep said:

There was a guy that used to make them on here for a while, maybe it is his since it has an odd mount.  Rivcyko maybe?  He did the bug buster screens for Ken.

Thanks. I'll see if I can look up that name.

• Member Contributer

It is very close to a Red Fox hugger, but it isn't exactly like the pics I've seen.  I can't remember if Rivcyko used a particular hugger to make his mold. It's probably been over 10 years ago.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, tbzep said:

It is very close to a Red Fox hugger, but it isn't exactly like the pics I've seen.  I can't remember if Rivcyko used a particular hugger to make his mold. It's probably been over 10 years ago.

Sent him a PM but haven’t heard back from him. 

• Member Contributer

Yes - that's the correct name for the member that made the huggers and Bug Busters.  He's been off the forum for a good long time - years.  I bought one of his last VTEC units around 2011 or 12, still using it.  They're made from fiberglass - at least the VTEC unit is.  It's readily apparent on the underside - he only finished the outside.  That looks to be fiberglass from the underside view but it's someone difficult to tell.  I have no idea if he made those for 5th gens or not.  Personally I've never been a fan of the ones that attach to the stock chain guard - the integrated ones with the hugger and guard as a unit appeal to me more. 

Archived