Hyperpro three way adjustable 6th gen shock

ShipFixer

• Member Contributer

...is on its way to me from EPM Performance 😁

My WP three way is due for service and "could be" done, but is long out of production.  Plus I've missed having a progressive spring on the rear shock to match my fork.  I had a 5th gen Hyperpro spring on my OEM shock for years (about a quarter inch too long but worked out for my rider weight), and I've always wanted that spring plus a really good shock.  So next week its gonna happen!

• Member Contributer

Installed the shock and set sag tonight, will start test riding and dialing in damping tomorrow!  I was a little concerned when I saw the Hyperpro has a shorter reservoir hose than my WP shock, but it turns out it also comes with a nifty custom made bracket to tuck it in just behind the left passenger foot peg bracket.  Frees up under saddle space I was using for the old reservoir among other things.  Really happy with how it looks, can't wait to try it out!

529C0491-CD2F-4DF0-9FF4-FA079C31BB02.jpeg

548A0E9C-8ECA-42D5-859E-AC4F1BCE8A9E.jpeg

69B9FA68-C67F-493A-A62F-9FC441A7E055.jpeg

8C1419B2-FF4F-4E05-84C4-491F32620668.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Almost learned a hard lesson...reservoir and banjo bolt need to be rotated out of the way of the rear wheel's travel.

But I sure do like the feel of this shock.  Damping has tons of effective adjustment and it's great to have progressive springs at both ends again.  Only took three or four runs to get it 90% dialed in 😁

E4BF0462-39F2-4DBB-95D6-A441D651765D.jpeg

Archived