Vfr1200f year 2010 Not starting

Silviu

Hi guys, i am new here So i dont know if i am writing on the right place.

My VfR 1200F is not starting….put the key on it ,turn it ,then push the kill switch on….it starts the Colling fan continuously then it wont start if i push the starter button.(tries to but it fails , i mean i succeed turning a bit the acceleration just to fire up , but the cooling fan is running in the same time and it fails)Waiting 5 min in hope that the cooling fan will stop at some point…without pushing the starter button….the cooling fan is continously working.

i suppose the problem is the cooling senzor that sends the temp level to ecu.

I just worder it the attached File 

Any advice is welcomed!

Quotation1632133174737.pdf

Forgot to Say that the romania Honda reprezentative does not have an electrician and they cannot help me(phone discussion only) and myself decided to order this water sensor Temp ….need more oppinions guys….

• Member Contributer

Hi Silviu.

Best to have posted this in - Forums, Enthusiastic discussions, Seventh Generation VFR's 

Assuming this is happening with a cold engine?

It would be a good idea to do some checks Before replacing the ECT.

Try removing Fuse D 30amp. This will remove power from the cooling fans. With a fully charged battery does your bike start? Does the temperature gauge rise normally? Does it idle normally?

Don't run the engine too long with the Fuse removed, don't want to overheat the engine.

Are you seeing any Fi Fault codes? With your Sidestand down, kill switch to RUN, ignition to On, does the FI light flash a code?

Hopefully you should see a Fault Code of 7, seven short pulses, if the ECT is faulty.

Do you have the Service Manual, you can download it from the forum, do you have a multimeter and know how to use it, and are you able to access the ECT sensor?

1200_ECT.JPG

Thanks Grum,Indeed Yellow engine light is flashing 7 times.the behaviour is attached bellow.succed it to fire up by crancking the gas a bit but does not hold the idle rpm but goes 500 rpm and dies if i am not keeping the gas a bit….hope to be just the water sensor!!!!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Silviu said:

Thanks Grum,Indeed Yellow engine light is flashing 7 times.the behaviour is attached bellow.succed it to fire up by crancking the gas a bit but does not hold the idle rpm but goes 500 rpm and dies if i am not keeping the gas a bit….hope to be just the water sensor!!!!

IMG_2247.MOV

O.K.  You have either a Faulty ECT, or the wiring is at fault.

If you have downloaded the Service Manual you need to do the ECT sensor checks on pages 6-19 and 6-20. Are you able to do these checks? This will determine whether the ECT sensor is faulty OR you have a wiring issue. It might be as simple as the electrical connector is not properly plugged in, or corrosion or oxide build up on the ECT pins or sockets. But you need inspect and check as per the Service Manual.

Your engine won't be able to idle properly if the ECT signal is missing at the ECM, the ECT sensor is vital for cold idle fuel enrichment.

Sorry I can't get your video to work. ERROR says "We could not locate the item you are trying to view"

Archived