Fuel Lines

• Member Contributer

Available in different diameters.  Use the section that is needed.  Reasonable wall thickness, not normal weird auto parts store stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/16-Universal-Molded-Fuel-Line/dp/B07G2ZWGRG/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=formed+fuel+line&qid=1632162925&sr=8-4 

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, Captain 80s said:

Available in different diameters.  Use the section that is needed.  Reasonable wall thickness, not normal weird auto parts store stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/16-Universal-Molded-Fuel-Line/dp/B07G2ZWGRG/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=formed+fuel+line&qid=1632162925&sr=8-4 

Thanks for that one Captain...

• Member Contributer

I generally get 3/8" ID polyurethane clear tubing from someplace like Aircraft Spruce, and couple that with 3/8" stainless steel barbed beer line fittings (see www.kegworks.com), which are available in bends--including a 180-degree bend which allows you to avoid having a long, lazy loop of tubing going from the RHS of the petcock to the LHS of the rear subframe.

Unlike PVC tubing, polyurethane (aka Tygon) tubing shouldn't get damaged by fuel.  And the barbed stainless beer line fittings mean you (probably) don't need annoying hose clamps...

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

I used one of those hoses with all the angles in it and made a piece using the 180. Still on the bike, but have a new piece from David Silver spares when I need it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 9/21/2021 at 12:57 PM, JZH said:

I generally get 3/8" ID polyurethane clear tubing from someplace like Aircraft Spruce, and couple that with 3/8" stainless steel barbed beer line fittings (see www.kegworks.com), which are available in bends--including a 180-degree bend which allows you to avoid having a long, lazy loop of tubing going from the RHS of the petcock to the LHS of the rear subframe.

Unlike PVC tubing, polyurethane (aka Tygon) tubing shouldn't get damaged by fuel.  And the barbed stainless beer line fittings mean you (probably) don't need annoying hose clamps...

Ciao,

JZH

Dude! Brilliant! My stainless is on the way. Tygon works? Awesome. Always a ton of help on here!

• Member Contributer

I use normal Gates fuel line for runs that aren't super twisty. Bought a 25ft spool. Set for life. If I have any tricky bends like 180's, I use stainless pipe and a pipe bender. The clear plastic fuel line seems good in a pinch, but I don't feel it will hold up as well as true fuel line will. Motion Pro sells some very nice (but expensive) fuel line that can do tight bend radii.

• Member Contributer

Also good advice. Thanks Yoshi. I have been off of here for so long, because not having my VFR was just heartbreaking. Good to be riding again!

Archived