Metal Polish to clean up OEM exhaust

VFR80025th

Hi, if you still have OEM exhaust and see some tarnishing at each end of the exhaust.

I used AUTOSOL.

It cleans up the exhaust amazingly well.

Just one gentle pass with a microfibre towel and than use a clean MF towel to polish off and it looks like it came off the production

line in Hamamatsu, Japan.

Ride Safe.

Autosol.JPG

2078382945_sideviewbronzewheels.jpg

• Member Contributer

+1 VFR80025th. Been using this product for many years. Great for all polished metal surfaces.

I love how its kept this lower section of exhaust on my 8gen sparkling, not bad for over 80,000k's.:fing02:

P.s. How's the White Wheels plan of yours going VFR80025th ?

20210917_093203.jpg

• Member Contributer

The exhaust on the 8th gen is stainless steel, Autosol bluing remover is the stuff, it’s dilute phosphoric acid which only acts on the staining, wipe on, wipe off, done 

003DBC7A-DAC6-4145-9758-978BAC598D98.jpeg

• Member Contributer
26 minutes ago, Thumbs said:

The exhaust on the 8th gen is stainless steel, Autosol bluing remover is the stuff, it’s dilute phosphoric acid which only acts on the staining, wipe on, wipe off, done 

So it's Coca-Cola without the sugar. 😉

Yes, Coke will work too!  

22 hours ago, VFR80025th said:

Hi, if you still have OEM exhaust and see some tarnishing at each end of the exhaust.

I used AUTOSOL.

It cleans up the exhaust amazingly well.

Just one gentle pass with a microfibre towel and than use a clean MF towel to polish off and it looks like it came off the production

line in Hamamatsu, Japan.

Ride Safe.

3 hours ago, Thumbs said:

So where did you purchase these wonderful products? Online? At a Motorcycle dealership? 

• Member Contributer
37 minutes ago, Kbear said:

So where did you purchase these wonderful products? Online? At a Motorcycle dealership? 

Widely available from a lot of sources, most certainly in UK. but im sure in the US unless it uses some banned substance.

• Member Contributer

Phosphoric acid is main ingredient in naval-jelly. Does great job of removing rust also, but stops at good steel! :)

Archived