Brand new 2015

Slomo

Just WAY overpaid for a NEW 2015. I lost my (bought new) 2014 in a house fire 7 weeks ago. Insurance is paying, so I couldn’t resist buying one of the very few remaining dealer new Interceptors. Picking it up tomorrow. I’ll post pics! 

I can't believe there are still brand new VFRs available out there.  I mean, I know they didn't sell very well, but sheesh.

Big congrats on the new VFR, and I'm glad insurance is taking care of you!  🙂 

It’s a deluxe. 2 miles on the ticker, and a new bike warranty. They are still looking for the cowl, but I have mine from my old bike, just in case. The dealer thinks it’s the last new one in the US. I don’t know how to confirm that. 

E0F95B7B-ADAE-4BB6-AAAE-32F6D97D102E.jpeg

D458CAEF-FA13-4CA4-89A6-62EFD12DFEC0.jpeg

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Slomo said:

It’s a deluxe. 2 miles on the ticker, and a new bike warranty. They are still looking for the cowl, but I have mine from my old bike, just in case. The dealer thinks it’s the last new one in the US. I don’t know how to confirm that. 

E0F95B7B-ADAE-4BB6-AAAE-32F6D97D102E.jpeg

D458CAEF-FA13-4CA4-89A6-62EFD12DFEC0.jpeg

Looks great, Congratulations on finding one.

Get them to replace the existing brake and clutch fluid seeing its now 6 years old. It's an easy job. 

Even if you have your old cowl make sure they supply you the new one. Check the toolkit, blanking plates for pillion handles should you ever remove them. It looks like the seat is in the high position so the two height adjusting collars should be fitted. Hopefully they will also fit a brand new battery not an old one!

After going through a house fire and losing your bike, so glad you've scored a brand new one, and the Deluxe version. New 8gens must be as rare as rocking horse shit by now! Can't seem to locate a single new 8gen for sale anywhere in Australia!

Good luck for the future.:fing02:

1 hour ago, VifferJ said:

Congrats! Is that pic at Hillsboro Motosport?

Yep, that’s the place! They have a bike of mine on their wall, too. At least, the same as my bike: 1985 VF1000r. I still have mine in the garage. 

C1C03024-E9FF-453A-B1A0-091E1BDE8C9B.jpeg

• Member Contributer

That's where I bought my 5th gen new in December, '99. By then most of the dealers had yellow Y2K's in stock and I didn't want that - it was the last red one I could find.  $8,499.  I wish I had taken a photo at delivery.  But at least I still have it! 

Congratulations on your new machine.    VFR’s have never been fast sellers, I purchased my ‘07 new in June 2009 after Honda officially lowered the price to ~ $7,500.     Nothing was selling during those recession/depression times.     

• Member Contributer

The part owner/manager/whatever of Hillsboro Motosport is a hard core VFR guy.  He bought overstock/crated seventh and eighth generation VFRs at the big auction in southern California and trucked them up to Oregon.  They still have a dozen or so VFR 1200X's for sale.  

I have purchased bikes from the dealership over the years but it was never easy.  They have a relatively small showroom and multiple warehouses spread all over the place.  They were not great at attention to detail during pre-Covid lulls in motorcycle buying and now they just don't seem to care much about customer satisfaction at all.  They do have good inventory due to their focus on the auctions.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Congrats Slomo on your brand new beauty!  After losing your 2014 like that, you deserve this one!  Ride the wheels off it!

• 3 months later...

Update: I’ve been riding and enjoying the bike (love it!), despite having no paperwork from the dealership to allow me to license or title it in Washington, and thereby risking a ticket for no license or proof of ownership. And never getting cowl, blanking plates, manual or tool set as I was promised. 4 months after purchase. 5 messages to sales guy, zero replies. Blasting them (sales, management) with angry messages this week to try and elicit a response. Might pay a lawyer to send them a letter. Someone in this chain gave a warning about Hillsborough, and they seem to be right. Darn. I’m a bit flummoxed on how to get it licensed, but am heading to my local license office for advice. 

• Member Contributer

Just thinking out loud, could it be that the salesman is no longer working there?  They don't usually last long.  Anyway, a vehicle dealer has a dealer's license, in this case from the state of Oregon.  That can be in jeopardy if they are not properly acquiring title to inventory and processing it for purchasers.  If it were me I would go on the state of Oregon's website, find the department that licenses vehicle dealers and place a call.  Explain your situation and see if they advise you on next steps.   Best of luck with it.  

• Member Contributer

Slomo - I had this exact same thing happen with that dealership TWICE over the last five years.  

I can tell you exactly what the problem is and how to fix it.  

The dealership uses several different DBAs (Doing Business As).  In my cases, they submitted the paperwork under the wrong DBA each time.  You should call the DMV (I'm not sure in your case whether or not you should call WA, or OR or both) and tell them it is taking forever to get your title and you talked with someone who had the same issue and resolved it by clearing up the DBA issue.  

In my cases, the DMV looked up the business name info, found there were multiple names, and contacted the dealership to ask them to resubmit the paperwork under the correct name.

Good luck.

The sad part of this story is the dealership knows they have a problem, but no one is willing to own the problem and fix it.  They just deal with the shit show that ensues every time they happen to use the wrong DBA.  

The good part of the story is you probably did get the last new Interceptor in the country.  I bought one from them when they had three or four left and was happy to get it.

Sorry about that experience. When u buy a machine from a dealer everything should be taken care of. Congrats on the new bike.

Great Score.

Archived