54 yrs old and back on the roads 6th gen 800.

Tallpaul

• Tallpaul changed the title to 54 yrs old and back on the roads 6th gen 800.
  • Member Contributer

No offense to all of us, but this site is becoming more for old farts daily 🙂  can't believe i'm coming up on a decade of VFR-ownership, and I've made my 40's...

pics of the new ride?

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, 4li3nVFR said:

Hey, I'm in the same boat.  60 years old here and have an '05 VFR.  Maybe we should start a new forum section for "Old Farts"?

I am happy to be part of the old fart section…57 years old and have a ‘02 VFR

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, airwalk said:

Soon 2B 76, 1stgen & 2 4ths, now I feel old. 👀

Old people are the ones who've given in to the sofa or recliner.  The rest of us out tearin' it up on our bikes are the young ones, no matter how many times we've been around the sun.  I'm not going to get old - I'm just refusing delivery!  :wink:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Cogswell said:

Old people are the ones who've given in to the sofa or recliner.  The rest of us out tearin' it up on our bikes are the young ones, no matter how many times we've been around the sun.  I'm not going to get old - I'm just refusing delivery!  :wink:

+1 Coggs. 64 Sun orbits and I'm still lovin the VFR - Vitality For Retirement.:fing02: 

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Grum said:

+1 Coggs. 64 Sun orbits and I'm still lovin the VFR - Vitality For Retirement.:fing02: 

Damn, beat me on 2 counts; only 60 revolutions and Very Fun Riding sounds pretty lame next to yours. :biggrin:

Welcome!

Wow, Tallpaul that VFR is beautiful. Looks brand new. I'm looking for another 6 gen. VFR to add to my collection. I just hope I can find one as nice as yours. Good choice in motorcycles and have fun, that's what it's all about. If you're anything like me you'll obsess over that machine. 🤣 

On 9/10/2021 at 11:33 AM, Kbear said:

Welcome!

Wow, Tallpaul that VFR is beautiful. Looks brand new. I'm looking for another 6 gen. VFR to add to my collection. I just hope I can find one as nice as yours. Good choice in motorcycles and have fun, that's what it's all about. If you're anything like me you'll obsess over that machine. 🤣 

She was a steal to be honest. Had to make a 11 hr round trip in van to get her but with 32000 miles on clock and a price of £1300 I could not let it pass. Literally saw it advertised and was on way within an hour. 
I’m very lucky to be honest had been looking for one for a while and was getting a bit down about the condition and previous life they had. Only issues I’ve had are sticking front calliper. Strip down clean and new pads did the trick. 
she still turns a few heads and I get a lot of guys that appreciate her when I go to meets. 
to me all the vfr range up to gen 6 are styled so well they just don’t seem to age. 

Archived