Back to VFRs

Crowen

Apologies as this is my first post but I am more of a gleaner if information...

After a long time (and many bikes) I am now back on a 750 VFR. Although I have owned three Gen 3s in the past, this is my first Gen 4. I bought it 2 years ago and was mostly original, (including the chain) at 44,000km. It has been through several owners, but all had enough ability to keep it garaged when not in use, so no sun fading. I've done a bit of maintenance (X chain with 16/45 gears, powder coated the rims and new skins, carb rebuild). I was able to source a Staintune high mount (as-new from a friend) for a very nice sound. Still a bit of work to do but nearing retirement, this is going to be a keeper. Thank you all for the information you have posted. It has been very helpful.

VFR2.jpg

VFR1.jpg

• Member Contributer

Seeing that reminds me of when I brought my 4th gen home (25 years ago) and how beautifully made they are.  I wish I still had mine, but it was sold to purchase my 5th gen and after I sold it, the owner took it to Texas and totaled it.  😞   The mid 90's was the apex of Honda build quality.  Even after all these years that bike still looks wonderful.  While the engine is fantastic - linear power delivery and a delicious sound, the one thing I found lacking in my 4th gen was the suspension, particularly the front.  For my 190 pounds it was under sprung and under damped.  If I could do just one mod on a 4th gen it would be an exhaust, but suspension would be right behind it on the list.  Those bikes grow on you as the years go by and you'll surely get years of miles (well, ok - km)  and smiles out it!  

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond!

Red NACA's are best.

Bought mine new in 1997, t-boned/totalled in 2016 and refurbished a 1994 last year.

20210420_185059.thumb.jpg.49c91dcf358e898016fdf299c173f8d7.jpg

9 hours ago, Cogswell said:

If I could do just one mod on a 4th gen it would be an exhaust, but suspension would be right behind it on the list.

Yes, I'm 195 lb and I hear you. The front end suspension (probably RaceTech springs with Gold valves) is my next step this winter (Oh Canada...) along with a VFRness and a few other necessary upgrades such as SS braided brake lines. I have actually been collecting bits and pieces for this Gen for several years waiting for the right bike to come along. I have a complete set of red tupperware and tank in good condition, 2 Corbin seats and the doughnut backrest for one, a set of Helibar risers, and other bits and pieces.

Yesterday was the first day out and I had a grin the whole time! 😀

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Crowen said:

Yes, I'm 195 lb and I hear you. The front end suspension (probably RaceTech springs with Gold valves) is my next step this winter (Oh Canada...) along with a VFRness and a few other necessary upgrades such as SS braided brake lines. 

Don’t buy a VFRness; just get the Roadstercycle SH847 Kit. This kit gets the charging system out of the main harness and upgrades the R/R to the most modern technology available, with a Series R/R. 

Archived