VF1000FE 1984 starter motor clutch roller..

Ronsk

• Member Contributer

I have a feeling the starter clutch needs rebuilding or a kit. Ah, the sound of the starter motor spinning while trying to engage the engine.

In Austraila, and from what I have fond everywhere else, Honda has discontinued the 15x16 roller part # 91101-422-000
I can still buy the cap and spring but not the 15x 16 roller.

Any ideas.... looking for either an alternative part or a honda part if this part was superseded.

• Member Contributer
On 8/27/2021 at 2:47 AM, Ronsk said:

I have a feeling the starter clutch needs rebuilding or a kit. Ah, the sound of the starter motor spinning while trying to engage the engine.

In Austraila, and from what I have fond everywhere else, Honda has discontinued the 15x16 roller part # 91101-422-000
I can still buy the cap and spring but not the 15x 16 roller.

Any ideas.... looking for either an alternative part or a honda part if this part was superseded.

Squirrelman is right, I have never found a roller to be out of spec. Take a micrometer to them and check. Also the housing as I did have one that was suspect. If it all looks good see if you can order the springs and caps from Honda. I have not had much luck trying to cheap out with alternative springs in the past. I did have a bit of luck stretching the springs a bit to get a bit of life out of them, but its a diminishing returns effort. Try it if lead times seem to be a bit long.

Also take note of the index marks on the gears before disassembly.  

• Member Contributer

Okay, Honda springs and caps it is then. Thankyou.

Archived