Picked up another bike recently

A lot of research and indecision and research.... I picked up a 2013 FJR1300. 9.5k miles. 

I purchased this bike so my wife could ride with me, feel more secure and be a little more comfortable.  We took a 5 hour drive one way to pick it up through the mountains pulling a trailer. It was a long day but a great adventure. So far I have only found one thing I missed with my initial inspection. We will get that taken care of this winter. 

I put about 450 miles on it this weekend. Today I changed the Final Drive oil and the motor oil, checked the air filter (PITA to get to) She runs good, very smooth, very forgiving and confidence inspiring. The VFR tells me every mistake I make. 🙂

We got my wife a helmet and jacket so she has the bare minimum of safety equipment and read for a short trip. 

FJR1300-3499.jpg

• Member Contributer

I know the FJ has a lot of grunt - more than our Viffers - just curious if a 5 speed takes any getting used to. 

• Member Contributer

My 2007 really only needed 2nd and 4th gears. 4th was good to over 130mph ....... 5th was a good overdrive, and capable of a solid 150+.....

Archived