Honda Wing graphics for 6th gen

Boosh63

Question

This can be made in any colour. This example is my bike done in black reflective vinyl. Price will vary depending on material.

I would be interested working with someone with a 5th gen to see if these will work or to mock up a separate set.

PXL_20210808_200016612.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210819_010146801.jpg

10 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Some points of variation 

5 feathers 

Top ( 1 ) feather needs to be longer

4th feather's top tip to finish on point of air vent

I like the glow in the dark 👍

On 8/20/2021 at 9:11 AM, boOZZIE said:

Some points of variation 

5 feathers 

Top ( 1 ) feather needs to be longer

4th feather's top tip to finish on point of air vent

I like the glow in the dark 👍

Was there a 6th gen VFR with a wing graphic from the factory? I haven't seen one in North America. This is just simply my interpretation.

The 4 feathers was intentional, not an error. The larger space between 3 & 4 was to accommodate a V4 VTEC logo which I have since abandoned the idea of. I am going to remove #4 and replace it with the same spacing.

The black reflective vinyl is really nice in person.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

I really like that. I have a black 5th Gen so it would be really subtle during the day. Is each 'feather' a single piece that you cut around the holes and vents? I am also in Ontario, not far from CFB Borden.

• Member Contributer

Personally I see nothing wrong with some artistic interpretation.  Below is how Rob executed the same concept on his Gen 5.   I had never thought of whether it was the same as the Honda wing logo despite having seen it in person numerous times.  I just thought it looked good.   I even see some Gen 4 in the way he painted the fairing lowers - looks like the belly pan on a 4th gen. 

image.png.ad53ba4c421f4c33fa509b6af9bb4e9c.png

10 hours ago, Dangeruss said:

I really like that. I have a black 5th Gen so it would be really subtle during the day. Is each 'feather' a single piece that you cut around the holes and vents? I am also in Ontario, not far from CFB Borden.

Yes each feather is separate and can be seasoned to taste so to speak. Message me if you're interested. 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Ejphotos said:

That's really cool. I like how it lights up at nighttime when light hits it. 

+1

• Member Contributer

For sure, laying out graphics on these bikes, with their compound curves, is incredibly difficult and I applaud Boosh63’s efforts. I started with initial layout work, one day, and budgeted a full day for sticking them, the next day. The only way my wings look completely lined up and straight is looking directly at the bike from the side, on a stand. But, they never look straight in pics.  

Rob, at Tape Works, was who originally designed the templates for VFR wing graphics. He’s been around decades, being heavily involved in the graphics on many USA-based, factory racebikes of the 1990’s and 2000’s. He did my graphics and offers a 6th Gen version, if someone wanted something more accurate to the Honda wing graphics of of that period (Boosh63’s wings are of a later era Honda).

46432756-285E-49C9-98BE-E110ABA99307.jpeg

A78FE224-0A97-4B08-ADCC-4E4553FAB4D2.jpeg

19C8F8B1-771D-4202-86F4-377B1E189B46.jpeg

Archived