WTB PANNIER SET

gtnawymrdr

Question

2 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Looks like we've had multiple inquiries on 8th gen hard cases recently.  Seems like with every gen the cases quickly go NLA from Honda.  The topcase can be had on ebay - for my $.02 I'd jump on one of those while you can.  Don't know about the mount, tho.   Another couple of possibilities are that it seems plausible that 7th gen cases fit the 8th (no confirmation on that) and also that the VFR800X cases may also fit (though likely won't be color matched).  A search in the UK (such as ebay.co.uk) would likely be the a good place to start there, or a dealer such as Doble's in London.  The latter is where I got my 6th gen cases after there were disco in the U.S.  If importing to the US, DO NOT describe them as "luggage".  When customs hears that word, they'll classify it as hand luggage such as carry on for airline travel and will slap a duty on it - IIRC it's in the 20% range.  Motorcycle parts carry no duty from the UK in to the US, so be sure to tell them that it's "motorcycle parts" or "motorcycle bodywork", NOT luggage!  Bottom line is that 6 years after the last of the 8th gens were brought to the U.S., it will take some creativity and extended searching to turn up a set of OEM bags for these bikes. 

Good luck! As of April there were 2 left in a nationwide dealer search. I bought the set from Fox Powersports in Michigan. The other one was out east and the dealer didn't actually have the bags.
The ones I got had minor cosmetic damage, was missing the rubber mounting steps and most importantly one of the mounting hooks was damaged (broken off just below the arc.) They had probably been returned after damage. They gave me a full refund AND let me keep the bags.😁 I may try to plastic weld the missing portion but zip ties keep it in place. There's still plenty of meat to hang from.

20210701_173457.jpg

Archived