New 8th gen owner

Caper44

Hey All,

The VFR has been on my must have list of bikes for quite a while and I finally picked one up.  Found a 2015 with 25k km on it in great shape at a decent price.  I've put a couple thousand km on it so far and it's everything I was hoping it would be.  Just have to find a set of those elusive side bags.

20210706_192824.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the forum Caper44, and a beautiful looking 8gen it is.

Being a 2015 model if the brake and clutch fluid haven't been replaced in the last 2 years, do it! If you're fairly mechanically minded, its a simple task on an 8gen, so easy I do this every 12 months.

You can also download the full Service Manual from the forum.

Enjoy your new ride, the 8gen is proving to be the most reliable VFR built.

Cheers.:wheel:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Caper44 said:

Hey All,

The VFR has been on my must have list of bikes for quite a while and I finally picked one up.  Found a 2015 with 25k km on it in great shape at a decent price.  I've put a couple thousand km on it so far and it's everything I was hoping it would be.  Just have to find a set of those elusive side bags.

20210706_192824.jpg

This wesbite seems to have some OEM accessories

https://www.hondapartsnation.com/oemcatalogs/p/honda_motorcycle_street_2015_interceptor_deluxe/honda_accessories-cargo/563a28c387a86613b47cf030/rear-trunk-red-33l

• Member Contributer

I can't remember - I think it's come up before but don't know the answer - are the 7th and 8th gen bags the same?

I dug around a bit on the "other" VFR site and found a post with the OEM part numbers.  Apparently they were available a few years back.

Trunk Mount Base ITEM # 08L74-MJM-D10 ($299.95)
Rear Carrier ITEM # 08L73-MJM-A10 ($369.95)
Rear Trunk (White) ITEM # 08L71-MJM-A00ZB ($442.95)
1 Key Inner Cylinder Set ITEM #08M70-MJE-D01 ($19.95) x 1
Total Trunk: $1132.80

Saddlebags (White) ITEM # 08L70-MJM-A10ZB ($974.95)
1 Key Inner Cylinder Set ITEM #08M70-MJE-D01 ($19.95 x 2 = $39.90)
Total Saddlebags: $1014.85

Thanks for the welcome and the information.  I downloaded the user and service manual.  I'm working through the maintenance items as I'm assuming it all needs to be done on a new to me bike.  I'm pretty competent with mechanics so besides giving me a known baseline, it's a good chance to get to know the bike better.  My wife has a 2000 Magna so I'm familiar with the basic V4 motor and maintenance as it's basically a 4th gen motor in a cruiser frame.

Archived