Let's get the band back together

jeffyjeff

• Member Contributer

Hi guys.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Despite covid19, I've been able to keep me motorcycles roadworthy with fairly regular road time. I think it would be cool to get back together for a 2021 NorCal reunion.  Say maybe a warm up ride on the Pacific Coast Highway, followed by a longer ride (weather/fire conditions permitting) in September.

Suggest we start with a ride up the coast and down CA 128.  Let’s meet at Starbucks,  260 Northgate Drive, San Rafael  94903 Saturday, August 28, 2021  (hope it's still there).  We'll ride over to Pt. Reyes Station and up the Pacific Coast Hwy.  Lunch in Elk, and back down CA128 to Cloverdale.  We top off the ride at the world famous Hamburger Ranch;  those up for more fun can continue on CA128 to Calistoga and Winters.   

Looking forward to good weather, good roads, and the camaraderie of good people.   Kickstands up at 8:00 AM.   If we hit the road early, maybe we can avoid some traffic on Hwy 1 and perhaps stretch the ride out on the back end.  Hope you can make it.    Jeff J.

Remembering Ed Nelson

https://goo.gl/maps/qRiZaSP6buL2

• Member Contributer

Jeff! Hope all is well, sounds like it is.

I will be on the east coast the weekend of the 28th, damn. Am definitely up for the follow-up ride.

IMG_0963.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Probably appropriate to cancel the group ride.  Too bad, it doesn't look like the interest is there anymore.  I always thought it was really cool that six, or eight, or ten people with really diverse backgrounds and interests (other than motorcycles) could hook up for a day and behave irresponsibly.   Might be smart to gauge interest via PM or text message before posting again.  Take care all.  Rubber side down.   Jeff  J.

• Member Contributer

Hey Jeff, aside from RC1237V--and honorary bay area hooligans sfdownhill and duc2v4--I don't see the rest of the "band" on VFRD much anymore. I agree a group text would be effective, happy to help out with some phone #'s if needed.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, DannoXYZ said:

Darn, too bad I missed this. Just moved to Mesa, AZ last month.

Shoot! Been reading your posts and was hoping I'd convince you to help get my Honda Element down to a 1:40 at Laguna Seca.  😎

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Shoot! Been reading your posts and was hoping I'd convince you to help get my Honda Element down to a 1:40 at Laguna Seca.  😎

Not seeing too many toasters around these days,  let alone on the track!  

• Member Contributer

I rode Calistoga Grade (twice) and Skaggs Springs Road last weekend, and thought of you guys! Took highway 1 home, and was riding the Tenere like a supermoto. Lent my buddy the 1200, which was great in the beginning of Skaggs, but once you pass the bridge, it's 40 miles of nothing but turns! Owning the T700 makes me realize that 75 hp really is enough for almost every type of riding I do. Everything above that is just excess, but this is 'Merica, and who doesn't love excess! 😆

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RC1237V said:

I rode Calistoga Grade (twice) and Skaggs Springs Road last weekend, and thought of you guys! Took highway 1 home, and was riding the Tenere like a supermoto. Lent my buddy the 1200, which was great in the beginning of Skaggs, but once you pass the bridge, it's 40 miles of nothing but turns! Owning the T700 makes me realize that 75 hp really is enough for almost every type of riding I do. Everything above that is just excess, but this is 'Merica, and who doesn't love excess! 😆

Though not a member of "The Band" I was going to tag along next Sat the 28th.  Was looking forward to meeting new people and 128 eastbound on motorbike.

Since it sounds like the ride next Sat is not happening, I planned on riding Skaggs from Stewards Pt this week depending on air quality. That road is super fun!

I'm not familiar with Calistoga Grade, is that 29 from Calistoga to Middletown?

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, Cogswell said:

Hey, respect the toaster! Purchased new for cash in 2003, only 155K on the clock. This vehicle has funded many motorcycle purchases!

395CBD55-DCAF-4DF1-AB60-5543BADBA27B.jpeg

• Member Contributer
40 minutes ago, Tirso said:

Though not a member of "The Band" I was going to tag along next Sat the 28th.  Was looking forward to meeting new people and 128 eastbound on motorbike.

Since it sounds like the ride next Sat is not happening, I planned on riding Skaggs from Stewards Pt this week depending on air quality. That road is super fun!

I'm not familiar with Calistoga Grade, is that 29 from Calistoga to Middletown?

Hey Tirso, no membership required! I was the newbie in the group a few years ago when I moved to norcal (I was probably the tone-deaf guy who got to bang a tambourine, to stick with the "band" metaphor). Take a look at some of the archived rides here in USA - West to see some great photos by BrianF, a really good photographer and generally our fearless leader. Kernville to Roseville in 36 hours, fun stuff.

Jeff has PM'd me and we have talked about a September ride, so let's stay tuned.

BE423961-BA21-45DC-B018-D5017D9CA5E4.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Saturdays are good for me, and Sundays too, if it's not too late in the day..... I better start practicing on the 1200 as I have not ridden it more than 5 minutes at a time since getting the Tenere 😕

The VFR 1200 has the Spiegler supermoto bars on it, and jumping from the Tenere to the 1200, feels as weird as jumping from the 1200 to the RC51...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 8/20/2021 at 2:26 PM, St. Stephen said:

On 8/20/2021 at 4:36 PM, Cogswell said:

Toasters are awesome tow vehicles!!!

uc?export=download&id=1RMSgJw3wMKqMQAg1e

Archived