1992 Honda VFR750F original survivor, "Granite Blue Metallic", completely restored $5500

• Member Contributer

Since this is an unusual color for a VFR, I’ve started calling this one “Darth Viffer” Seems most VFR’s are red.

The bike is located in Eureka, Illinois.

Up for sale is a 1992 Honda VFR750F with just over 25k miles on the clock. It is almost 100% stock and original, and includes two rare OEM accessories - the matching solo seat cowl and center stand. The bike has just undergone a thorough mechanical and cosmetic refresh, including the following that were completed before I bought it:

Fork seals/oil
Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires
New battery
New voltage regulator/rectifier

Over the winter, the following maintenance was performed:

Complete carburetor overhaul – ultrasonic cleaning, new float valves, and new viton o-rings/gaskets.
Carb synch performed with Vacuummate electronic synchronizer.
New carb intake boots.
Valve clearances were checked, all within tolerance.
Compression checked – 1) 188 2) 192 3) 198 4) 202.
New NGK spark plugs.
OEM Honda oil filter, Rotella T6 5W-40 synthetic oil.
OEM Honda Type 2 coolant.
Air filter cleaned (Uni filter replacement)
New OEM thermostat. Radiator and reserve tank completely cleaned and flushed.
Cleaned commutator and brushes on the radiator fan.
Verified output of charging system, cleaned and dielectric grease applied to critical connections.
Replaced two plug caps due to higher than spec resistance readings.
Steering head bearings replaced with tapered roller kit.
Rear suspension completely disassembled and cleaned, all bearings cleaned and greased.
Rear axle and bearings thoroughly cleaned and greased, replaced the double row ball bearing.
Replaced the chain and sprockets with OEM gearing. RK GXW chain and JT sprockets.
Complete disassembly and ultrasonic cleaning of all brake and clutch parts. Front and rear calipers, clutch slave cylinder and both brake and clutch master cylinders.
Replaced the fuel pump with a Facet electric pump (OEM pumps are obsolete). The replacement pump incorporates a check valve and shuts of fuel flow when not powered.
Rebuilt fuel petcock with a kit from NRP carbs in the UK.
All bodywork removed, cleaned and paint polished. Touched up where needed (mostly some nicks on the wheels and some scratches on the front fender).
All plastic and rubber parts treated with 303 aerospace protectant.
All fasteners removed were ultrasonically cleaned, and some polished.

This is a true “no stone unturned” mechanical and cosmetic refresh, I was originally planning on keeping this one. Due to recent events and acquiring yet another VFR project I now have three 3rd gen VFR’s so I’ve decided to let this one go. I really want to find a decent home for this one, it’s taken a lot of work to get it up to its current mechanical state. There are still a few very minor imperfections on the bike and it’s not 100% original and OEM, but I guarantee you will not find a cleaner or more mechanically sorted VFR outside of the Barber Museum.

Some of the pictures show the bike with a Vance & Hines SS2R slip-on. Others have the stock exhaust can. The buyer will have the choice between the two, but both are not included (I need one for the other VFR I have in the works).

I have it posted over on www.raresportbikesforsale.com also, listed it at $5500 which you might think is a bit high until you consider the extent of the restoration on the bike and it should make sense. I'm obviously open to offers on the bike too, I'd rather find a good owner that will appreciate it rather than someone just looking for something to ride. All of the pics of the restoration are on RSBFS.

https://raresportbikesforsale.com/featured-listing-1992-honda-vfr750f/

DSCN0386.JPG

Archived