Fairing badly

Been putting all the bodywork back on my bike over the last couple of days. Has any other motorbike got a more faffy, piecemeal and easily broken set of plastics than a 90-93 VFR? Because if there is I don't want to buy it. 

Despite broken tabs and connectors, some of which I was able to fix, some I just had to ignore, and awkward wrangling to get some parts into place without snapping others I had it almost all back together. Then I came to the final panel, the right hand middle fairing, and it just doesn't line up with the lower panel. 

The right hand side is the one that hit the deck, so the upper fairing is from one place, the middle and lower fairings from another, and all are new to my bike. I tried loosening everything off and making use of all the wriggle room available, but it isn't happening, and I have no desire to split any of these pieces through with handling - the upper fairing already has a crack in it.

Going to try and get it to a garage that can sort it, and if needed adjust the mounts. A lot of faff for being 5mm out. 

Just thought I'd share this bag of fun with you guys, it was all going so well... Here's a pic of the left hand side in all its new black glory20210801_191735.thumb.jpg.cd5665a22f64b32746238f157eb31593.jpg

Archived