My Favorite Motovlogger – Itchy Boots

I’ll start off by saying I like adventure motorcycle videos on YouTube. A long time ago, while searching for motorcycle related content, I came across a motovlogger from the Netherlands by the name of Noraly Schoenmaker aka Itchy Boots. I won’t bore you with the entire story of her life (however I do encourage you to explore and learn about her), but the short story is she gave up her past life in the Geology profession as a Geochemist and purchased a Royal Enfield Himalayan motorcycle in India and started her adventure to the furthest most parts of the world. If you’ve not seen her YouTube channel by all means give her a chance and watch some of her videos. She has such a warm and magnetic personality and a wonderful way of including you in her adventures. There are a lot of adventure motorcycle vloggers out there on YouTube and I’ve tried watching others and I confess I subscribe to several, but Noraly’s – Itchy Boots I have to say is my favorite. She is up to season 5 now so if you would like to start at the beginning you may get binge watching burnout. May want to spread her videos out over several weeks. Visit her website, donate money, purchase merchandise, or just watch her videos. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Watch out you’ll get hooked! 😉

Let me also say that she is all alone on her adventures. She doesn’t have a crew that follows her around and films her. She does ALL the film work, drone filming, music placement and all film editing herself. All this while maintaining several social media sites she has started i.e., Facebook, Instagram, Blogging on her own website etc. It’s indeed not all fun and games for her it’s a full-time job/project.

“Good morning Internet!”

“Let’s go!”

A couple videos that will introduce Noraly and her adventures to you.

“Wasn’t all rainbows and fairies”

• Member Contributer

I’ve been watching her for a few years now. Agree with your assessment of her content. Worth watching, had family visiting over the holidays and many became fans that aren’t even interested in motorcycles. 

1 hour ago, Calculon said:

I’ve been watching her for a few years now. Agree with your assessment of her content. Worth watching, had family visiting over the holidays and many became fans that aren’t even interested in motorcycles. 

Cool. I've turned friends, both motorcyclist and non motorcyclist alike, into Itchy Boot fans. I'd like to think I've contributed to her YouTube subscribers count some. 👍

• Member Contributer

I've seen her before, but not for a while.  My first exposure to ADV riding was prior to commonplace internet access - a book by Jim Rogers titled "Investment Biker" (he was and still is an investment guy).  Anyway, he and his then girlfriend rode around the world over several years on their BMW's.  For my blood, border crossings in many of those countries can be a sketchy experience.  As he found out, you must know the expectations when approaching a border.  In some places it's expected that you will know the correct bribe to offer and one can find themselves in significant trouble and delay if not handled properly.  Then even once inside it's possible to run afoul of local LEO that really doesn't much care what the border guards did or authorized - they can run their own shakedowns.   But somehow it does seem to work out.  Just not for me!  Anyway, she is interesting and takes things in stride.  There is an ADVRider thread titled something like the "Ed-Venture" where he rides all over the world through nearly 100 countries for IIRC between 2 and 3 years.  Gets in to some unbelievable places. 

Archived