Front brake pads replacement?

JoJo

Hello all, after having looked at the service manual pdf, i still feel like i have less information than i should, largely down to the black and white photocopy images included in the manual, although the exploded diagrams were helpful. i've also looked around and not found many resources for the 1200F. does anyone know of or have a video of the front brake pads being replaced or just a different resource than the technical manual?

would also be nice to confirm that these pads (below) are actually correct.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/737715059?iid=184677778362

• Member Contributer

Yes they’re correct 

Any reason you’re not unbolting the callipers and doing it that way?

• Member Contributer

My simple process for all bike brakes works.

Get new pads. Add bleed hose to each calipers bleed nipple in turn start furthest from reservoir if an inline connection over the wheel. 

Crack bleed nipple & use a thin lever to push the old pads & pistons all the way home. Close nipple repeat on other caliper. 
Now loosen pad retainers pins, if possible to remove in place do so. If not then remove calipers one at a time & remove pads, clean brake dust away. Insert new pads, relocate caliper, torque caliper bolts & pad pins. 

Finally put bars/stands to the position that gets the master cylinder as close to horizontal as possible. Cover area with rags, remove cap & top ip reservoir. Gently pump brake lever till firm, if required top up fluid again. Clean & replace reservoir seal & cap.

Job jobbed 👍

Archived