Random photo thread - anything goes - post what you've got

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, St. Stephen said:

Red is the fastest color Shipfixer! To add to your socal surf vibe, here's a red Interceptor I spotted in Carlsbad yesterday:

62AD3DB8-22E4-43E6-A426-0AF4BB6236D3.jpeg

Looks like the engine went to lunch! (Lol)

On 10/24/2021 at 8:29 AM, Wald said:

While I was on the roof, I noticed my fleet looking good in front of the garage, so I had to take a picture! 

When I was just getting into riding, I was really drawn to the 599 and 919, and I still like them.  But the exhaust placement looked like it would prevent being able to strap anything down to the rear seat, which is a deal-breaker for me.  I've always thought the 599 would be a terrific commuter bike, as long as you could get away with just using a backpack.

• Member Contributer

Kinda of a an older favorite photo.... riding with my sport bike guys, we followed the trail down to the New River, West Virginia.... 

I like this photo because of the huge scale of the bridge.... if you look at the upper left hand corner, you can make out a 18 wheel truck...... its still mind boggling... 

New%20River%20Bridge-L.jpg

• Like 3

• Member Contributer
On 10/25/2021 at 4:32 PM, TimC said:

When I was just getting into riding, I was really drawn to the 599 and 919, and I still like them.  But the exhaust placement looked like it would prevent being able to strap anything down to the rear seat, which is a deal-breaker for me.  I've always thought the 599 would be a terrific commuter bike, as long as you could get away with just using a backpack.

@TimC, actually, the 599 has movable hooks under the seat (in the seat) which you can move outwards and attach a cargo net or straps to it (to secure things in the seat). I found that out after I removed the seat and was wondering what these strange features in the bottom side of the seat were. I do not use these but good to know that I could if I needed to.

The weird thing is that I never liked the looks of side cases on bikes. When I was touring long distance in the 80ties, I mostly had a expandable 35 Liter (over 7 gallon) tank bag in front of me and a roll on the passenger seat. It was not the most convenient way to travel but being young and ..... back than, well.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Had the bikes all together on the drive, so I thought I would take a family portrait (iPhone 6 snapshot actually) .

E38ED20F-8483-44CD-88F0-E86B78FD8D6C.thumb.jpeg.20c885f6322a499ae7c6e6b6069d4f67.jpeg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Trip to the Pawnee Buttes in the Pawnee National Grasslands in North Central Colorado a week ago.

buttes05.jpg

buttes03.jpg

buttes06.jpg

buttes07.jpg

Heading north after fueling up. Longs Peak in the background with a dusting of snow.

selfee01.jpg

selfee02.jpg

The mountains looked a little too cold that day so I guess it was a good time to stay on the plains. 

selfee02a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

After looking through the others posted so far I was reminded of a few more. 

The white car was abandoned on a curvy road. Not the first time we've run across something like this at speed. 

The skinny road caused us to stop and lean into the dirt wall to let a bus hauling tubing stuff past!

VFR sighting. My friend John while I rode his wife's F3 when visiting them in CA. Snow!

Threading through the redwoods. Amazing memory. 

A very special Ducati. 

IMG_4778.JPG

IMG_4810.JPG

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4364sm.jpg

duck500side.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

For those in the northern hemisphere who are thinking more about Stabil than trip routes, battery tenders rather than  new rubber, and seeing snow flakes, these were taken for you. This morning.  

😎

IMG_6741.JPG

IMG_6743.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kbear said:

Trip to the Pawnee Buttes in the Pawnee National Grasslands Monument in North Central Colorado a week ago.

buttes05.jpg

buttes03.jpg

buttes06.jpg

buttes07.jpg

Heading north after fueling up. Longs Peak in the background with a dusting of snow.

selfee01.jpg

selfee02.jpg

The mountains looked a little too cold that day so I guess it was a good time to stay on the plains. 

selfee02a.jpg

dija see any prairie dogs ??

comix-vfr_12-5-16_009.JPG.676b071390ec1164c08e7abc21b86906.thumb.JPG.8887376af248af128cfb912682f31d5b.JPG

• Member Contributer
17 minutes ago, St. Stephen said:

For those in the northern hemisphere who are thinking more about Stabil than trip routes, battery tenders rather than  new rubber, and seeing snow flakes, these were taken for you. This morning.  

😎

IMG_6741.JPG

IMG_6743.JPG

You had to rub the Snow thing in.

🙂

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, FromMaine said:

You had to rub the Snow thing in.

🙂

Haha, guilty as charged! But, believe me, I've paid my dues.

Appalachians 04.05 031.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, St. Stephen said:

Haha, guilty as charged! But, believe me, I've paid my dues.

Appalachians 04.05 031.jpg

What can I say, you would fit right in here in Mid Coast Maine.

Me and the other Sport Bike rider in the State could use the company..🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Member Contributer

Thanks, refreshing 28 deg this morning in CT. After the last two days of riding, I am thinking about heated gloves or maybe hand guards on the bars (it will probably be the weirdest thing seen on a VFR)

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
42 minutes ago, St. Stephen said:

😎

My initial thought was Coleman looking towards Salmon Creek, but on closer inspection Jenner??

Nice day for a scoot on the Sonoma Coast. If you make it out Occidental, grab a hot dog for me at Altamont General Store.

Who doesn't love pickled pineapple on their hotdog?

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, St. Stephen said:

😎

IMG_6741.JPG

IMG_6743.JPG

That would be why a dump of a house is a million bucks around here.....

• Member Contributer

Great shots, St. S, weems like years since I've up the coast near Jenner - 'cause it has. No trip for me since '19.

Btw, I remember a good bakery/deli in Tomales, about 25 miles down the road from your photos, that I hope to stop by next summer.

58 minutes ago, St. Stephen said:

😎

IMG_6743.JPG

• Member Contributer
46 minutes ago, Wald said:

Thanks, refreshing 28 deg this morning in CT. After the last two days of riding, I am thinking about heated gloves or maybe hand guards on the bars (it will probably be the weirdest thing seen on a VFR)

After settling in NC from MA, I sold all of my heated gear!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Tirso said:

My initial thought was Coleman looking towards Salmon Creek, but on closer inspection Jenner??

Nice day for a scoot on the Sonoma Coast. If you make it out Occidental, grab a hot dog for me at Altamont General Store.

Pickled pineapple?? Never! Uggh

Top shot is looking north (obviously) about a half mile north of Salmon Creek, good call. But yes, 2nd shot is looking south to the Russian River mouth at Jenner.

1 hour ago, RC1237V said:

That would be why a dump of a house is a million bucks around here.....

But they are all falling into the Pacific!

1 hour ago, Lorne said:

Great shots, St. S, weems like years since I've up the coast near Jenner - 'cause it has. No trip for me since '19.

Btw, I remember a good bakery/deli in Tomales, about 25 miles down the road from your photos, that I hope to stop by next summer.

Rt. 1 Bakery in Tomales is still there, rode by it today. Open Th-Sun. Great pizzas!

Lorne, me too, so few miles the last 18 months, hope to make up for it soon. 

And because this is Cog's thread, here's a pic from Oregon, Suavie Island, 2014:

IMG_0481.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Store.

Never tried it (well, was never exposed to) but it sounds very interesting. Now, I need to find pickled pineapples!