SchlepTrip 2021

• Member Contributer

Wow, wonderful scenary. Hope you're not frying? Hearing of record temps in USA. 8gen looks great.

Interesting you've gone to the trouble of taking the rear cowl with you, why do that? 

I'm moving to Las Vegas, so I'm turning the transport of my bike into a long overdue vacation. That's why the cowl is on there. Although, it seems to keep everything in place and I think it looks kind of funny in a too-big-of-a -sandwich kind of way.

Weather is great in Colorado. I have a mesh jacket and pants that I had to put a rain liner under because it was chilly in the morning. I got that Ski New Mexico photo because of that. Hwy 50 westbound through Monarch Pass was simply amazing. The temp changed 25 to 30 degrees as I went up the pass. I was sweating, then shivvering in the span of 5 minutes. Kind of bummed there was no turnout at the continental divide.

Some photos from the third day. Utah Hwy 128 south from I-70 to Moab has got to be one of the best roads in existence. Utah is serious about it's road surfaces. There were no cars until I hit Moab proper and south of there.

12 hours on day 3 through the desert took a bit out this old man, but it was well worth it. Going through Zion National Forest was too much. Just ....too much to see. Lots of people.

Archived