Recommend Me a Rotating 360° Stand

Skids

• Member Contributer

Hi all, looking for a recommendation for a 360° rotating stand that will turn my bikes on the spot, preferably centre stand rather than side stand but will consider both.

Has to be easily moved as I'll be rotating the bikes outside the garage, so light and easy to put back in the garage.

Also needs to be UK purchase.

Cheers.  :beer:  

• Skids changed the title to Recommend Me a Rotating 360° Stand
  • Member Contributer

Skids, during the Covid lockdown last year Abba Sky Lifts were on sale so I bought one in anticipation of a couple of projects I had in mind. It was around $600. I've assembled it but have yet to use it. In concept it looks quite usable.

https://abbastandsusa.com/product-detail.asp?item=sky-lift&pid=44

Sky Lift

I bought the Abba Superbike Package 3.

For the high price, I expected a lot more.

There is a coarse thread bolt that holds the vertical bit to the rolling stand; my bolt was mis-located by almost 1/2 the bolt dia.

Of course, that prevents it from working (i.e. locking the pieces into place); so, I must be VERY careful rolling the bike on this stand as it very easily can fall off.

The front/rear extensions are practically useless; they send a strap which is supposed to pull the rear of the bike down (to lift the front wheel), but that whole arrangement is crap, so it is not being utilized either.

I cannot recommend that manufacturer.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Smack said:

I bought the Abba Superbike Package 3.

For the high price, I expected a lot more.

There is a coarse thread bolt that holds the vertical bit to the rolling stand; my bolt was mis-located by almost 1/2 the bolt dia.

Of course, that prevents it from working (i.e. locking the pieces into place); so, I must be VERY careful rolling the bike on this stand as it very easily can fall off.

The front/rear extensions are practically useless; they send a strap which is supposed to pull the rear of the bike down (to lift the front wheel), but that whole arrangement is crap, so it is not being utilized either.

I cannot recommend that manufacturer.

Thanks for the heads-up. I do remember having an issue with threaded bolt, but I think I solved it. I'll have to go out to the back-fourty (feet) to check it out.

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, MaxSwell said:

Skids, during the Covid lockdown last year Abba Sky Lifts were on sale so I bought one in anticipation of a couple of projects I had in mind. It was around $600. I've assembled it but have yet to use it. In concept it looks quite usable.

https://abbastandsusa.com/product-detail.asp?item=sky-lift&pid=44

Sky Lift

Thanks m8. Yes, I saw them at a bike show a few years ago but it didn't work for the VFR800.

Also, it's a bit more $$ than I was hoping to pay.

Over on the BMW R nineT forum I'm on, a few people love the Bursig stands they bought.  They're expensive but from what I've read they work great.  The only issue is, I think they have different mounts/attachments for different bikes because they attach at the frame.  If you have multiple bikes you need to move around on occasion, I could see that being a pain having to switch out the attachment, if that's even what it is.  Sorry I don't know enough about them to say for sure.  But I do know the folks who have Bursigs dig them.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, TimC said:

Over on the BMW R nineT forum I'm on, a few people love the Bursig stands they bought.  They're expensive but from what I've read they work great.  The only issue is, I think they have different mounts/attachments for different bikes because they attach at the frame.  If you have multiple bikes you need to move around on occasion, I could see that being a pain having to switch out the attachment, if that's even what it is.  Sorry I don't know enough about them to say for sure.  But I do know the folks who have Bursigs dig them.

Thanks Tim but I must admit I had something similar to this in mind. 

s-l1600.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, DannoXYZ said:

There's also this, which looks lighter and more portable.

https://www.matturntable.com/

That looks good, though it's close on the 800 centre stand which is 36cm wide (much wider than the 1200) but £35 cheaper than the EasyTurn.

Now I need to find some recommendations from buyers.

Hi Skid's , I have recently purchased the Easy Turn for my bike . It was £83 mind you but it works well. I bought this as I can't manuvoure the bike over the chips from my garage to the slabbed area !! I just lay out a big old sheet of chip board. Roll her onto it from the garage and place the Easy Turn under the centre stand. I grab the pillion grab rails and lift her off the front wheel and spin her around . Was bricking it at first but my confidence has grown. It does the job !

While I am on ...Booster Plugs for the throttle ? Any good ? I have a few bumpy low speed corners here and have had to readjust my lean angle mid corner as unexpected accelaration !! Still , loving the bike. Got a screen coming soon. 

Wee ride out to Ellie today on the East coast ..😎👍.

IMG_20210716_110945007.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks m8, that's good to know. 

I need the bigger, more expensive one as the Crossrunner legs are much wider than in the 1200.

• Member Contributer
On 7/15/2021 at 10:07 PM, V4 Rosso said:

https://www.louis.de/artikel/kern-stabi-rangierhilfe/10007794?list=24f329c9d6a5f171dcf8404bc3664d13

With these simple movers I can turn a bike on the spot. If the COG of the bike is way in front of the centerstand you can get an attachment for it that puts rollers beneath the front wheel.

I've ruled the wheeeld-type out as my driveway & garage surfaces are not that smooth. All I need to do is rotate the bikes 180 degrees.

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Gary said:

While I am on ...Booster Plugs for the throttle ? Any good ? I have a few bumpy low speed corners here and have had to readjust my lean angle mid corner as unexpected accelaration !! 

Have you considered having the ECU flashed, they say it smoothes out low throttle inputs as well as removing gear restrictions etc?

I have 2 links in my sig, though I gather Don Guhl has stopped offering the service for road bikes. It's easier using Stefan anyway as he comes to your garage via the internet and you don't have to remove the ECU.

Just a thought.

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, Gary said:

.Booster Plugs for the throttle ? Any good ? I have a few bumpy low speed corners here and have had to readjust my lean angle mid corner as unexpected accelaration !! Still , loving the bike. Got a screen coming soon. 

The Booster plug is a piece of junk ….

If you want to smooth the throttle response then I can recommend Race Bike Evo

I have given it a thought..I will look into the ecu flash . Race Bike Evo also ..cheer's lad's 🙂.

There are a few home made turn tables on you tube if you are handy with a saw 👍.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I ended up buying the EasyTurn stand. It looked more solid and had good reviews.

Arrived quickly, it quite light and the bike turns easily and smoothly. The 40cm one has only a couple of cm gap at either side as the Crossrunner centre stand is quite wide but it's easy to centre the stand. The 1200 fits really easily but is soooooo nose heavy that it is difficult to turn it easily.

This makes turning the bike round in a narrow driveway for the next ride really easy and I would happily recommend.

Archived