How rank am I?

• Member Contributer

So, every so often there's a forum software change - been through a lot of 'em.  I am puzzled this time by the "rank" assigned to everyone.  When I first noticed this I was a "newbie 1/14".  Then suddenly I find that I'm a "mentor, 12/14".  Wow - I sure get promoted fast . . . I guess.  Apparently there are 14 "ranks".   Anyone know what this means and should I care?  The only thing I for sure know about "rankness" is that when I've been on a long ride on a hot day, I'm very "rank".  Maybe that's how I'm getting promoted, not sure.  Fortunately for the rest of you, the "rank" is not transmissible via the internet, so the rest of you are out of range.  Maybe for the next VFR meetup a "rank vaccine" will have been developed and no one need wear a mask :ph34r: to protect oneself from other's "rankness".  YMMV . . .

• Member Contributer

I am a rank collaborator. That sounds sinister. My mom always said I was such a good boy so someone needs to look into this and see what's up!

Its hot. Where's my beer?

IMGP0443.JPG

• Member Contributer

The change also eliminated titles too... I want mine back...

On the badges,  not really a fan...

• Member Contributer

So pleased I've graduated from an Apprentice, bloody hell, its been almost 50 years since I was one!

• Member Contributer

My rank says I'm a "community regular". I'm pretty sure that means that I do show up but keep opinions about oil to myself. 

I'm a "Rising Star."  Considering I don't even own a VFR anymore and I don't visit here nearly as much, I think that's pretty impressive.  :laugh:

I remember when the site went down or was reconfigured years ago I lost my post count.  It was pretty high at the time.  I think I had cracked the top 10, which just goes to show how much time I spent here back in the day.

Archived