Any photo's help with removal of middle/lower fairing 8th gen VFR ( cowl )

gizzy123

Question

Hi Everyone🙃

I have joined the forum as moved from CBR to 8th gen 2015 VFR and whilst the one colour is a trademark of the VFR, I want to place some graphics on the panels to break up the "redness" colour

So before I venture into the unknown of first time fairing removal on the VFR, ( did it on two CBR's Which was painless but a test of ones patience)  which can be tricky and there is always a clip, screw, pin, fastening that keeps it from leaving the frame, does anyone have any photo of the stages of fairing removal.

I have looked and there are bolts and push pins dotted about,  I have the very bottom fairing off but now working my way to the middle, so before I start my 4 letter ranting and  pulling and pushing in a fit of frustration 😆 is there any help out there. (fairing with the black side panel attached)

Any help would be great from those that have been there and done that. I have searched google for any diagrams, photos & manuals but so far drawn a blank for 8th gen.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but picture process works best for me.

I will post  before and after pictures when done but need to get the panels off to get started.

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

If you haven't already done so you can download the full Service Manual from the forum.

Section 2 explains and shows the removal of the fairings. Once you've done it a couple of times its fairly simple.

Good luck and post some pictures of your bike.:fing02:

• Member Contributer

You need to be careful. Softy does it! There are a couple of fine tabs up top, that link with the headlight section. If you’re too ham fisted they might break.

• Member Contributer

The only thing difficult to reach are the 2 of the push pins on the inner that have to come out 

I ended up using a small Allen key in a pair of mole grips 

As VFR78 said careful with the tabs at the top 

Archived