Gen. 6 Lower Fairing Bras

Kbear

Has anyone ever used a lower fairing bra? I'm talking about a bra that just fits over the lower point of the base of the fairing in order to prevent rocks from chipping the fairing panels at the low point directly behind the front wheel. I had a 1990 Yamaha FZR1000 a lot of years ago that I purchased a lower fairing bra for. Worked out pretty well and kept the rocks from chipping up the fairing directly behind the front wheel. I've done a web search but haven't come across anything yet. Just because I haven't found one doesn't mean they don't exist. I'm always amazed at what other individuals have found online.

Just thought I would ask to see if anyone else has thought of this.

• Member Contributer

Probably b/c they're thinking about other things when "bra" is mentioned . . .   Rather than do that, if my plastics were in as new condition, I'd get some Chinese fairings and beat the tar out of those and hang the OEM's in the garage.  You might not pay much more for knock-off fairings than for some kind of bra kit. 

8 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

Probably b/c they're thinking about other things when "bra" is mentioned . . .   Rather than do that, if my plastics were in as new condition, I'd get some Chinese fairings and beat the tar out of those and hang the OEM's in the garage.  You might not pay much more for knock-off fairings than for some kind of bra kit. 

Yeah, that's what I thought. I have a tendency to think of other things when the word Bra is mentioned to. I have seen those Chinese fairings and, well, that sure might be a viable option. Thank you for not thinking of boobs too much and giving me some solid feedback!

• Member Contributer

I bought a 3m clear bra protector that covers the lower front edge of the lower fairing. So farvtgey seem to work alright. But not a significant amount of coverage 

2 hours ago, TriumphTraitor said:

I bought a 3m clear bra protector that covers the lower front edge of the lower fairing. So farvtgey seem to work alright. But not a significant amount of coverage 

Yeah, I saw on eBay, I believe it was, a kit for the VFR800 of clear film you can put on the bikes. I'm not sure now if it included the leading edge of the lower fairing. Thank you as well for your input!!!

Archived