Newby .

Gary

Hi folks , just picked my 2010 VFR1200f-A , what a bike !! Candy Red. I will get a decent picture of her soon.

Just saw a post regarding 2010 model being being dicey ? My bike just has 10500 miles on her and runs fantastic. Full service history. I would just go for it bud.

I have restricted movement in my left knee due a bad Tibia Platue fracture but still able to change gear as the tank is narrow at the knees . 

Been on my radar for the last year . Bought a 99 CBR900RX from a friend but didn't enjoy it . Next was a R1200R but absolutely hated it and said right it's definitely the VFR 

and luckily saw my bike up for sale an hour's away from a good dealer . So no mucking about with dealers down south and get a cracking warranty etc close to home.

My ride home was probably the best ride on the roads in years !! 

My problem is my garage is too tight for a turntable as half my driveway is red chippings. Nightmare to move the bike out. Apart from putting tar down just wondered if 

you guy's have any suggestions. Like a turntable for loose surface ?? I know asking a lot ...my left leg is not as strong as it was !! I am fine on smooth surfaces.

Well I am looking forward to many miles on her and will browse on here for odd wee mods and tip's . The last owner was Ewan McGregor's dad ...!😃

Cheers , Gary.

• Member Contributer

Hi and welcome to the best bike (site) on the planet! 

It is an awesome machine. :beer:

Congratz and enjoy your VFR!
 Its good to have a place where we can rave over how awesome our rides are, the VFR deserves all the praise tho, simply a great ride. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. We'd love to see pictures of your machine.

• Member Contributer

Apart from putting tar down just wondered if you guy's have any suggestions.

Can you put down a 4 foot wide row of pavers?

pavers2.jpg

Thanks for all the welcome's !!

I am going to sort the chippings in the drive way some day in the near future I hope.

I got a turntable and I have an old thin sheet wood for the bike to sit on . Just more confidence in turning her around and I will be fine.

Its only for going out the way .

Hopefully my pics are attached on here somewhere !

Off shift again in couple of days so i hope the sun comes back out then . 

Cheers , Gary.

My other 2 pics aren't downloading onto the site for some reason..?? Try and sort it next time !!

IMG_20210701_114941758.jpg

Archived