Stator rewinder recommendations

Fritzer

• Member Contributer

I have my stator out for a needed rewind and looking for a preferred rewinder that has a good rep with the forum members.  I have seen quite a few people recommending Custom Rewind in Alabama but they are either on vacation or out of business with no response to inquires. 

I've seen in previous threads a rewinder called Ricks but have not had any success locating any contact info for them.  Anybody have a lead for them or somebody else?

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Fritzer said:

I have my stator out for a needed rewind and looking for a preferred rewinder that has a good rep with the forum members.  I have seen quite a few people recommending Custom Rewind in Alabama but they are either on vacation or out of business with no response to inquires. 

I've seen in previous threads a rewinder called Ricks but have not had any success locating any contact info for them.  Anybody have a lead for them or somebody else?

Did you call CR?  If not, I'd give that a try.  Their website seems active.  Both FB and here have posts from owners that have use them in late '20 and in to '21. 

• Member Contributer

Just sent a stator to  CR to rewind.  Gary the owner has MS and can't talk that well.  His daughter will reply on a phone call and she has email. I did get them on the phone. Leave a voice mail and they will return the call.

I'm getting extra long leads so I can add the R/R connector direct, so there will be no wire up soldering or butt connector in the the middle.

• Member Contributer
On 6/29/2021 at 11:18 AM, Cogswell said:

Did you call CR?  If not, I'd give that a try.  Their website seems active.  Both FB and here have posts from owners that have use them in late '20 and in to '21. 

They finally did get in touch with me but I had already moved forward with a stator purchase from ricks stators.  Nice thing about Ricks' is you don't need to send your core in so it is a little bit quicker.  Same price when you figure in savings on shipping.

Archived