Brembo clutch and brake MC

Gotama

Question

Has anyone fitted a set of brembo M/C’s to a 6th gen 

I feel like this could be done but just wanted to know if someone has gone before me and has some insight .

2 answers to this question

I didn't fit the brembos.  I did however swap the 07 CBR to the 07 VFR.

And in doing so I lost the ability to rotate the levers exactly where i would prefer them.   the sit slightly up instead of flat or down.  (the assembly from the levers cause binding and stop me being able to rotate them).

The reservoirs now obstruct the dash as well and make swapping from the motor temp to outside temp annoying while riding.

I have the Brembo M/C's on my CBR.  Both clutch and RCS brake levers.  (hence the donors to the VFR).

Honestly, I'd save my money.  The clutch Brembo has no noticeable effect from the stock VFR components (or the CBRS for that matter).  I wanted the CBR to have matching Brembo Stuff, but haven't really noticed a difference in feel.

The VFRs brakes being linked and the assembly being what they are I don't know that the upgrade (price tag) of the brembo M/C will be noticed.  I'm sure it would be technically an upgrade but for the $300 bucks I don't know it would be worth it.

Just my 2 cents.  

Not sure that was helpful? 

Archived