Where to buy Michelins now

Cogswell

• Member Contributer

Looking for input on what online vendor members are using to buy Michelins.  My fav used to used to be Jake Wilson - 3 days free shipping to my door from Salt Lake City.  Great customer service, too.   That's long gone through a couple of acquisitions, now owned by Rocky Mountain ATV.  Their selection is limited and the prices not like they were at JW.  Amazon has a deal on PR2's by the pair - around $220 - but it seems too good to be true.  Looking at the location in small town Missouri, it doesn't look as though it has enough warehouse space to maintain any sizable inventory.  And I wonder if I'm going to get old, leftover stock.

Anyway - anyone know of any deals out there from a reputable vendor?

• Member Contributer

JW was actually always part of RMATV, they just decided to use the one name. I found the association one day a while back, also thought it was odd the two web sites looked so similar. That aside, currently I’ve been buying from Chaparral in San Bernardino, Ca. They’re somewhat local to me and I get a member discount on certain items. Last 2 sets of Road 5’s I bought from them. When I did a price comparison to JW/RMATV, they were maybe a few bucks more but they had the tires in stock, so I grabbed them from Chaparral.

Here’s their website. https://www.chapmoto.com

Hopefully they haven’t gone to pandemic level pricing like a lot of places seem to have done.

Cheers,

D

Some smaller shops may use their online stores as a pass-through, so your order could be actually fulfilled by a larger supplier and the product comes straight to you.  If you want peace of mind, however, you can always call that shop in Missouri and ask if the stock is on hand or not.  And if it is on hand, ask them for the date codes on the tires' sidewalls.  If they're legit they should be able to give you that info.

As for decent tire deals, try any of the larger online shops:  Iron Pony, Competition Accessories, CycleGear, Revzilla, and BikeBandit come to mind, but I'm sure there are others.  I've personally bought tires on-site from Iron Pony in Westerville (Ohio) many times, plus took advantage of great pricing a few times when CycleGear had great deals on the old Pirelli Diablos.

Archived