Newbie To The VFR...

Steve1

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Steve1 said:

Fine weather beware......vroooooooooooom

I hope you got out today, cos the next few days....🌧️

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Generally, you should be able to get to the front plugs without draining the radiator.  It somewhat depends on whether all of the hoses and cables were put back correctly the last time, however.

The idea is to remove one M6 flange bolt from the lower LHS side of the radiator, and the the radiator is supposed to be able to be pivoted upwards on the two upper mounts, leaving you just enough room to put a get a wrench in there (I use a spark plug socket with a rubber insert to keep the plug from falling out, a short extension and a 3/8" socket wrench slipped on after the socket is in place).  The side fairings need to be removed, but not the top or the vee-piece, IIRC.  And I also seem to recall having to free up the lower radiator hose to give the radiator room to move.

But, draining the system does make it a lot easier!

Ciao,

JZH

• 1 month later...

Tis with a sad heart that i have sold the vfr in the last few days.....i know i know.

She needed a few dollars spending on her before mot time and i just didnt have it to hand, but she has gone to a fellow vfr owner so i at least know its in good capable hands...

On another note i now have the underrated RF900R to keep me busy...

Been great folks

Cheers

Steve

• Member Contributer

We'll have to type about that RF. I had/have great destain for both sizes! If memory serves, they're built for people without legs. 

• Member Contributer

Why settle for 2 louvre windows

Suzuki RF 900R

when one can have louvre AND NACA? :laugh:

baltic.thumb.jpg.fc34b19ae2c2b7a7cd373443b1541e85.jpg.680319e9a3e0d6ab2efc2f47eb3e09e8.jpg

Red NACA's are the best...

Archived