MB Disorder Got Me

I got myself another bike. To an unexperienced eye, it looks like a Harley. To a Porche fan, it’s sounds kinda familiar, and to a VFR fan it may look like an old man’s bike. What do you think I got? 

• Tiutis changed the title to MB Disorder Got Me
  • Member Contributer

Harley with a transplanted porsche engine with a couple of pieces of fairings from a 1st gen VF/VFR (whatever they were called back then)

😃

Even though I’m not into cruisers, the Valkyrie has a special presence to it. And when you ride it, the sound and pretty light handling really is what makes me love it.

The only other bike that sounds better IMO, is the CBX1100 but that’s an ultra rare bike.

• Member Contributer

First time I heard one of those was back when they 1st came out. I was on way to Willow Springs Raceway in my Porsche and heard it coming up on me in hills. I thought, "Hey, someone's got mini Porsche!". Couple turns later it came up into view and passed me. Wow, it was amazing sound coming from bike! Someday when I get old and geezery, I might just get one. After ST1300...

11 minutes ago, DannoXYZ said:

First time I heard one of those was back when they 1st came out. I was on way to Willow Springs Raceway in my Porsche and heard it coming up on me in hills. I thought, "Hey, someone's got mini Porsche!". Couple turns later I came up into view and passed me. Wow, it was amazing sound coming from bike! Someday when I get old and geezery, I might just get one. After ST1300...

ha ha, good one! Don't wait till you're old because it will not be easy to find or you may not want to handle a big heavy bike.

I was seriously considering a nice low mileage 5th gen vfr before picking up this bike. I know that I would have loved another vfr but it made more sense to try something new. And man, I'm glad I did. It's a special bike with another cult-like following fan group. 

Cheers!

Archived