Help with RC30 needed

Elchuso

Hey there. 

I'm the happy owner of two RC30's and have another to rebuild. 

But I have a big problem.  Need some parts as headlights. Oil pump, and the most difficult thing is to find a crankshaft or being able to rebuild the slightly damaged one that I already have. 

Have been told that there is not possible to rebuild and there is no way to find a new one. 

Honda will start the heritage program to release new spare parts, but nobody knows nothing about when and how they will be available. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

If you ever come to Spain (Málaga) there are quite a few bikes to see. 

1FF84153-D6C6-41B3-A8D1-4FDBECA50C60.jpeg

• Member Contributer

The best source for RC30 knowledge is what used to be known as the Yahoo RC30 Group: HRCV4@groups.io  It is a very low-key place, but if you have two RC30s and are keen to rescue them, you will be welcomed there.  Good luck.

Ciao,

JZH

• Member Contributer

Greetings rider from Spain... I'm happy to find another RC30 / RC45 owner... Force V4 is the site to multiply your pleasure and divide your grief of owning Honda's race bred V4s...

I hope to get to know better and I have a question... May I record your VIN (in a private message) for my World Wide Registry??? It's a personal quest to track all the 500 RC45 in the world...  so far 86 are known...

• Member Contributer

Good luck Elchuso. I can't help with the parts but plan to be in Alicante next spring, hopefully timed to see a Spanish GP race, would love to visit the shop.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:16 PM, JZH said:

The best source for RC30 knowledge is what used to be known as the Yahoo RC30 Group: HRCV4@groups.io  It is a very low-key place, but if you have two RC30s and are keen to rescue them, you will be welcomed there.  Good luck.

Ciao,

Many thanks for the info. I will enter the group and see what's going on. 

On 6/21/2021 at 6:01 AM, vfrcapn said:

Good luck Elchuso. I can't help with the parts but plan to be in Alicante next spring, hopefully timed to see a Spanish GP race, would love to visit the shop.

Thanks!!! 

Of course you are invited to have a look at my temple 🙂 

On 6/19/2021 at 9:57 PM, BusyLittleShop said:

Greetings rider from Spain... I'm happy to find another RC30 / RC45 owner... Force V4 is the site to multiply your pleasure and divide your grief of owning Honda's race bred V4s...

I hope to get to know better and I have a question... May I record your VIN (in a private message) for my World Wide Registry??? It's a personal quest to track all the 500 RC45 in the world...  so far 86 are known...

Of course. Send me a PM and I Will share the VIN with you. 

Thanks for the info. 

Chuso. 

Here in the states iconicmotorbikeauctions in California works with a lot of RC bikes along with a lot of other rare sport bikes. They are always buying selling & swapping for parts and bike. Check them out on Instagram. Might be worth a try. 

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, Elchuso said:

Of course. Send me a PM and I Will share the VIN with you. 

Thanks for the info. 

Chuso. 

You're welcome Chuso... PM sent...

6 hours ago, evl_twn said:

GT Performance Engineering in the UK has new cranks available, and in two different weights. One for Titanium rods, and one for steel.

https://www.facebook.com/GT.Performance.Engineering/photos/a.589482114484231/3935072409925168

Thanks for the info. 

I know. But they are insanely expensive. 

First I will try to find another one. If not. Then I will go for them. 

13 hours ago, trmoyer said:

Here in the states iconicmotorbikeauctions in California works with a lot of RC bikes along with a lot of other rare sport bikes. They are always buying selling & swapping for parts and bike. Check them out on Instagram. Might be worth a try. 

I will. 

Thanks for the info. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Whats wrong with the existing crank ? Theres not much that a weld up & regrind can't fix ! Just need to find the right engineering shop ! 

On 7/3/2021 at 7:05 PM, Mohawk said:

Whats wrong with the existing crank ? Theres not much that a weld up & regrind can't fix ! Just need to find the right engineering shop ! 

Well. That seems easy. But not in Spain. 

The cranks show very slight damage. But can't find anybody to regrind properly with guarantee that the work is properly done. 

If you have any suggestion. Please tell me. 

Many thanks!!!!

• Member Contributer

Isn't it the rods that cause the damage to the crank? I have a friend with two of them and both had damaged cranks. He sent his cranks USA > UK to have them properly repaired. IIRC, he told me you have to buy the GTPE rods, which are designed to prevent future damage. Also, he said Honda fixed the issue on the RC45. 

38 minutes ago, ducnut said:

Isn't it the rods that cause the damage to the crank? I have a friend with two of them and both had damaged cranks. He sent his cranks USA > UK to have them properly repaired. IIRC, he told me you have to buy the GTPE rods, which are designed to prevent future damage. Also, he said Honda fixed the issue on the RC45. 

Thanks for the info.

Could you ask your friend which UK company he sent the crank? 

Regarding the rods. I usually buy the CARILLO steel ones. They work as a charm. No more damaged cranks. 

The one I have damaged is from an RC30 I bought and is being rebuilt. 

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Elchuso said:

Thanks for the info.

Could you ask your friend which UK company he sent the crank? 

Regarding the rods. I usually buy the CARILLO steel ones. They work as a charm. No more damaged cranks. 

The one I have damaged is from an RC30 I bought and is being rebuilt. 

GTPE handled everything.

Archived