Selling my vfr

dr.toto

• Member Contributer

A few weeks ago, I sold my 99. I had owned it for close to 21 years. It was my traveling buddy. 🙂 The character that it possessed made it an easy travel companion. Some people thought the gear drive music was the sign of mechanical failure. 🙂 I told the selling dealer who was a friend that he made a mistake in selling it to me. Before that I was getting a new bike about every 3 years. That stopped that completely. I had plenty of projects but that bike was still my choice for travel. It was not the best in any one category being judged by magazine writers but excelled in all. The one that they weren't capable of judging was long term ownership. Not everyone gets to enjoy their ownership as much as I did. In the last ten years, my life changed and I wasn't able to ride on trips near as much as I used to. I didn't want it to sit and be unused. It wasn't real easy to sell but I'm not surprised. I have done many projects in my life and most take effort to sell. I loaded up the new owner and off it went into a new life. I was in kind of a funk for a few days after that. I know it was the right thing to do but I was still sad. I still have 2 bikes but none that I would take on a long trip. I may buy another bike. I watch the new releases some. It would be nice to have a real cruise control. 🙂 Another part of my decision has to do with distracted drivers. We are all aware of how that has changed in the last ten years. It used to be the animals that I worried about. Now it's people. Best wishes for safe riding to all of you and thanks to Miguel for creating this forum. Years ago it was a wonderful source for all of us who discovered the vfr and it's talents. The videos people put up from around the world were wonderful. It allowed me to see places that I would never get to visit as well as from a rider's perspective. Now, back to the shop for me next project.  🙂 

• Member Contributer

You'll be back.....

Till then, safe travels!! :beer:

Archived