My "New" 2014 VFR800F

A few months ago, I found this new, old-stock 2014 VFR at a nearby Honda dealer. It was still in the shipping crate and offered at a very hefty discount from the original MSRP, so I brought it home. Since I'm a tall guy, I installed risers and lowered pegs. I also added an Arrow exhaust and Power Commander V. I have ordered a new shock/spring and will have the forks rebuilt later this summer to accommodate my weight. I recently did a 1k mile trip with it and the suspension was my only real complaint.

It's a great daily bike and fits nicely between my track bikes and dual-sports. I'm pretty happy with it, especially considering the price. I know there are quite a few of these bikes languishing around dealer warehouses in the US, so there are bargains to be had if you can find one.

kE1HogF.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BeePee said:

Why fit a power commander ?

Adding a PC has made a noticeable improvement on all my FI bikes since the manufacturers always tune the fuel/air ratio very lean to meet emissions regulations.  Increasing airflow with intake and/or exhaust mods only exacerbates the issue and a PC allows you or your tuner to compensate for the difference.  Of course, you can achieve the same results with chip tuning, but I prefer to use the PC since it's easier to revert back to stock if you sell the bike later.   

On the VFR, the PC uncorked 3.9hp and 4.2tq while smoothing out the power delivery all the way through the powerband.  Adding the Arrow and retuning added an additional 4.7hp and 4.1tq according to my tuner's dyno.  The power increase is noticeable, but the difference in throttle response and power delivery is what I enjoy most.  

• Member Contributer

Congratulations on your new machine. You obviously have great taste in mc's.

Take care and safe riding.

Archived