Count me in

Sirbike

Hi from another lurker. 
I bought an 87 VFR700 in 2006 to part out. I became intrigued with the model when I studied up on it and put the bike aside. Shortly after I found another one. Between the two I built one good bike that would eventually have the CBR F2 wheels. It was enjoyed greatly then was sold to finance a worthy divorce. 
In 2015 I bought a 2000 VFR from someone getting older, age 53, and moving to a more comfortable bike. I was also 53. I loved that bike. I even sold the ST1100 that I had. Some of this was in search of the best wind management. I wanted quiet and smooth. Couldn’t have both and chose smooth. Then came the ST1300.  Quiet and smooth after some modifications in 2018 and the VFR was sold. 
I somehow never regretted selling that VFR but I kinda missed it. It would be great for twisty rides sometimes. 
I just saw an incredibly well set up 2006 VFR800 for sale cheap. By chance I knew the owner when he was a kid. 
The catch is that it has gone through multiple R/Rs and a stator or two. That subject I’ll find the right forum to put in when I pick up the bike in the next week or so. For now, hello and goodnight. 

976A815D-40D2-4B16-BBCF-3A5270C62F72.png

Congrats on your 6th gen. and welcome to the forum!  🙂

Hopefully you can solve the electrical issues, if it really has any.  I don't think my old 2004 ever had an R/R issue, though I did have the wiring harness recall performed in 2008.  I did have one fried one stator when the bike was 7-years-old, at 59,000 miles, but my understanding is that's not too unusual at that mileage.

• Member Contributer

Great story.  Loved your spin on selling your bike for a worthy cause!  Your R/R woes can be remedied with an 847 kit from Roadstercycle.  They're a series design that does not run the stator full bore at all times and shunt excess power to ground - will allow the stator to live a lot longer. Huge upgrade. You can have the stator rewound for about $125 at Custom Rewind -  you can find them on F.B.  I've used both the above, very happy with 'em.

Archived