2014 VFR 800 - Akrapovic Slip On Won't Slip On?

baker5

As the title states, Akrapovic slip on won't slip on.  I purchased the bike in 2014 - only has about 1200km on it - its as clean as new.  Outlet pipe at cat on bike outside diameter is 5cm.  Akra pipe inside diameter is 5.1cm.  Thickness of material on bikes cat pipe is 1mm.  Little room for play.  Akra rep has not been overly helpful.  Last note I got he wanted a video on how I was attempting to put it on.  Will likely try putting it on again or just taking it to the dealer where I bought it.  Should this thing just slide on like the OEM pipe?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

• Member Contributer

If that’s a new Akra it may well not fit, there’s were some changes to ‘17 bikes onwards involving Euro 4 (?)

Has it got a removable baffle?

Mind went straight onto my 2015, bought and fitted in 2015

• Member Contributer

Maybe think about using some copper or even better nickel anti-seize that can withstand the temperatures.   That will give a chance to get it apart at a future time. 

• Member Contributer

Are you using mid-pipe section between factory header outlet and muffler? The mid-pipe has splits on inlet for clamp to squeeze. Make sure these sections aren't compressed together. If so, bend them back out with pliers.

Smear of anti-seize will help now and in future.

Yes, post video of how you're installing it.

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, DannoXYZ said:

Are you using mid-pipe section between factory header outlet and muffler? The mid-pipe has splits on inlet for clamp to squeeze. Make sure these sections aren't compressed together. If so, bend them back out with pliers.

Smear of anti-seize will help now and in future.

Yes, post video of how you're installing it.

It slips straight onto Oe pipes.

Archived