Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurking in this forum and decided to finally sign up.

Had my VFR now for several years.

Was originally a 2002 metallic blue, but now is a Rothmans Honda replica. Shows my age there I guess as I was a long time GP500 fan of Wayne Gardner and Mick Doohan.

Bike has a Bazzaz ZFI and autotune. The Zfi was installed when I bought it, but only had the base map from Bazzaz, so I bought a autotune for it. Also came with Leo Vince system installed.

I'd be interested to hear from other owners who have the Bazzaz Zfi installed. I'd be interested in looking at/sharing maps if there is anyone out there.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, Dangeruss said:

If an opening post ever cried out for pictures...

Welcome!

I know right?  "I made a Rothmans repliracer out of my VFR...but you don't get to see it..." 🤪

• Member Contributer

Bravo, nicely done! My impressionable years were during the heyday of tobacco sponsorship in motorsports. I see it as symbolic of an era, rather than advertising a controversial product. I've never been a smoker, but my dad smoked Rothmans when I was a kid, so I think there's a subconscious appeal there as well. Thanks for sharing.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. That is a great looking machine you've got. You have great taste in mc's.

• Member Contributer

Welcome, glad you stopped by. Grab a beer.

That is hands down my favorite motorcycle livery.

Yes, I think all riders of a certain age lusted for anything two wheels with that paint job.

Thanks.

I've actually still have a complete second set of bodywork for the VFR.  I figure that if I ever feel like a change, I'll respray the spare set of bodywork I have in Repsol colours.  But can't see that happening any time soon.  I like the Rothmans livery too much...

The funny side of it is that I don't ride the bike around town much, but it seems that when I do, the local Honda dealership always knows.  They have people coming into the shop wanting information and to buy that new Honda that they saw around town..  🤣

Had a big laugh when it first happened..  I walked into the shop to buy some parts the the spare parts guy was laughing when he saw me and told me that they could have sold me bike several times over in the past week. As people who saw it, thought it was a new model Honda.

16 hours ago, Magneto said:

I could use good painter for my projects. Most around here are mad as tanners....

it's the paint and solvent fumes, ya no ?

• Member Contributer

Welcome!

Great paint job! This also reminds me of my glory days. Well, I even used to smoke Rothmans back then. Still have the Honda Racing jacket in Rothmans colors and use it once in a while.

20210514_081621.jpg

Archived