Santa Fe to Flagstaff

vasculopath

• Member Contributer

Looks like a great ride.  Please post up some photos of your journey.  Age is a number - state of mind is everything.  The first day is the hardest, then it gets easier. 

So Far so good.  ABQ was its usual headache, nothing more, nothing less.  Spring NM winds were typically horrific, but got a bit better when I got off Godforsaken I40.

My '98 is the 2nd 5th Gen for me.  I traded my first, a '99 for an FJR when I was living in Seattle and thought it would be better for trips with my wife on the back (Never happened) as well as ABS in the rain (ehh, maybe?).. I found a local '98 after I had moved to NM, rare in my part of the world and jumped on it, then started building my dream sport tourer, even though Kids put a serious damper on sport touring.

All the things...Found a wolf Exhaust, so part of the old wolfpack now, better yet, ceramic coat the damn thing... found a conversion kit for 6th Gen bags. Perfect!  8Spoke wheel?  You betcha! VFRness, steal braided lines, Penske Rear, Gold valve front fork, play with the heights till get is just right.  Tank Cover, grips, etc, etc, etc.

She's perfect.

She shares the garage with some high maintenance gals from italy, but so far this trip has done nothing but solidify VFR dominance in the Sport touring world.

Just today, 5 complements from other riders and attendants at roadside; the swing-arm, the bags, so clean, etc, etc, etc. And I was just trying to get in and out with a mask, but gas, use the pisser, etc.

See if you can spot the mods...

PXL_20210510_190220729.jpg

PXL_20210510_192151067.jpg

• Member Contributer

heh, heh... you sorta went past my house in Mesa, AZ 🙂

Archived