for those (all models) that need a water pump and they are NLA...

Found this just now looking thru CL. Don't know the guy, never used his services.

However...if my 4th gen water pump was out and I could not find one (I *think* they are NLA now? Seems I remember reading that here.) OR....if my 85 VF500F needed a pump...then I might get in touch with this person.

I just wrote him to get direct contact info and his permission to post it b/c...well..CL ads expire and one day someone will come here, click on this link and....be disappointed. I know I've done that. So...I'll post back here with that info when I get his OK.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mpo/d/gold-canyon-honda-v4-motorcycle-water/7297095394.html

Just now got a response:

"Hi,
Yes, on my info, best to just send them to my site, 
AZV65.com and they can contact me that way.  You can also list my email if you like it is azv65@aol.com, name is Tom and I live in Gold Canyon, AZ.  Please note that I rarely answer the phone (number on my site) due to so many solicitations, so ask them to text first and I can add them to my address book, then talk if necessary.   I have my info on some of the forums and may be interested in advertising with others if you can send me some of their links, I will check it out.

I am no longer on ebay. My username on there is Baxter7092 so people can see my feedback etc.  It is just insane on ebay, so any help my way would be great. 😊

FYI: I currently have about 100 overhauled pumps ready to ship for about 35 different models.

Thanks much,

Tom

PS: If you have multiple pumps to be overhauled, I can reduce the price from my site.  Also, I am looking for old pumps if anyone has some laying around. Thanks."

There ya go. If you use his services, post back and let us know how it went, yeah?

• Member Contributer

Cool, I need pump for my NSR. Will contact Tom! 

Just bought house down street in Mesa, AZ. 
Perhaps I'll schedule visit. :)

• Member Contributer

I have done business with Tom in the past, 2nd the comment above.  He did tell me quite some time ago that he was leaving ebay; looks like he is still there.

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone, this is Tom that has the vintage water pump overhauls and kits business.  I would like to thank those that have used my service in the past and passed on what I do to others.  To date 10-4-2021, I have overhauled over 400 water pumps.  I have been doing water pump overhauls for many years and I have decided to sell my very unique business.  My plan is to sell it or end it in the next 6 to 8 months.  With that in mind, if you’re in need or would like to get your pump overhauled before then, please contact me asap.  If there is anyone out there that is interested in my business, please email me at azv65@aol.com for more details

Some on my business details below:

I have a very good inventory of overhauled pumps, approx. 100

My website is included (azv65.com)

VERY nice database with details, dimensions, photographs, and notes for about all 50 different models. 

Equipment: Bead Blaster, Press, Precision Measuring Equipment. (These are optional if you already have)

Good inventory of parts for all models I overhaul.

Training, hands on if you’re local. Detailed videos if you’re not.

Custom made tooling made for each model

I would like to keep this business going for all those that love their vintage bikes, it is very unique, profitable and I am the only business that does these overhauls.  I cannot think of a country I have not shipped a water pump to.

Ride safe and please pass on the word if you know someone that may be interested.

Thanks

Tom

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone, just to let you know that I have sold my vintage water pump overhaul business on 3-12-22.  I have had several hands on training sessions with him and he is a skilled technician, his name is Carl.  Carl will also take over my website, AZV65.com, and you can also contact him directly at his email address of: Cookventures2022@gmail.com.  I have overhauled over 400 vintage pumps and Carl will continue to keep these bikes on the road.  My life time warranty will also continue with him, so if you have a any seal leaks, contact him.  Thanks Everyone, ride safe. 🙂 Tom

• Member Contributer

Tom,

Many thanks for all the years of helping us keep our bikes on the road! 

Best for what comes next for you.  

Cheers

:beer:

Archived