Hello! New 7th Gen owner!

Hey guys! Just picked up a 2010 1200F a week ago, finally got tires/inspection done and I took it out, holy crap I'm already in love. This is my 5th bike I've owned, I've had a KZ400, CB750, CB919, and a Harley Super Glide before this. I'm blown away by this bike so far, this engine is an absolute gem, and the bike handles better than anything I'm used to (despite some complaints i've been reading about the suspension). I was lucky to get one with a center stand, nice exhaust, and full luggage including the OEM top box. I live in Western NY and love making longer trips around to the more fun riding areas, and this seems like the perfect bike for the job.

I've been struggling lately on whether or not i should bite the bullet for frame sliders/luggage protectors from T Rex. I had them on my 919 and they did save the bike during a parking lot drop. I normally wouldn't care so much, but from what I've seen the luggage and replacement fairings are pretty much non existent for this bike at this point is that correct? I'm torn because the bike looks so streamlined without them. A previous owner did drop the bike already so the engine cover is scuffed, it would kind of be nice to cover that up too haha. Does anyone have any recommendations or maybe can sway me to go ahead and pull the trigger? I see myself owning this bike for quite some time so it might be a worthwhile investment.

Anyway just wanted to say hello, maybe I'll add a picture at some point when it stops raining... Glad to be here!

20210501_155004.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi and welcome. 

She's a real stonker of a bike, isn't she? :beer:

• Member Contributer

Hello and Welcome from CT,

The sliders are always a good investment. I use mine even to stretch out my legs on them (when traffic allows for it)

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

But

:worthlesswithoutpics:

Thank you all! I edited my post to include a photo of my bike from a quick taco run I did today. I learned the VFR is really not super fun in traffic but it's a blast if you take the country roads home lol. Loving this bike more and more.

Still torn on the frame sliders/bag protectors. This bike is easy to maneuver and flat foot, and they are rather unsightly. But I'm afraid if I dropped it the fairing or bags would crack pretty quickly and I'd be stuck paying the same price as sliders for a replacement.

• Member Contributer

When the border opens, you should get together with DaveVFRTO from Toronto (see recent post similar to yours)  - you could pose the two bikes side by side.  Two new 2010 owners . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Hello vfr-people!

I have bought '14 VFR1200F and it is my 9th motorcycle. I sold my '99 Super Blackbird that I had for 16 years and 90tkm's. It was a really, really good bike! I hope this VFR will be a long company and next thing is to add accessories.

This bike has no cruise control, but I some years ago read this forum and there was a Polish (?) guy who made them for sale. Has anybody his contacts? And does anyone know if he is still making ECC's?

Thanks for Your help in advance!

Archived